New User
grampakevin
0 Kudos

Slow Opening of Books

Since the latest update to the android app it has been taking an inordinate amount of time to open books on my android devices. Sometimes as long as 30 seconds. This happens even if I am opening the same book I just closed. It is happening on 5 different devices. The only device that still opens books in a reasonable amount of time is the ipad

Has anybody else noticed this?

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Re: Slow Opening of Books

grampakevin wrote:

Since the latest update to the android app it has been taking an inordinate amount of time to open books on my android devices. Sometimes as long as 30 seconds. This happens even if I am opening the same book I just closed. It is happening on 5 different devices. The only device that still opens books in a reasonable amount of time is the ipad

Has anybody else noticed this?

I have not had this issue. Are you having this issue on more than one device?  Have you tried deleting and re-adding the application?

New User
grampakevin
0 Kudos

It is happening on 2 cell phones, a nook color, a nook hd+ and an asus transformer, all running different versions of firmware. the only reason i use the nook app is i like the sync feature between devices, but that hasn't been working real well lately either. I guess its time to switch back to Aldiko

Thanks for your reply!

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

This sounds like really odd behavior. If it's happening not just on the android app, but also your Nook devices, I'd say this is either something related to your account or to whatever B&N server your account is on. Unless it has something to do with syncing. Are you always syncing between devices when you try to open the eBook? Does this happen even when wifi is off?
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
New User
camelot565
0 Kudos

I noticed that the Nook app on my iPad will sit and spin for minutes at a time. Sometimes in the middle of reading. Maybe it has something to do with turning from vertical to horizontal reading.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 3 members 199 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: