Contributor
Pseudorandom
0 Kudos

Syncing annotations and highlights

Hello everyone. I've searched all over the web, and read several of the relevant posts on this board, but I can't find anything that actually answers my question.

Is it possible to sync my annotations and highlights FROM my nook TO my PC? Some posts say that it is possible, others say that you must do it manually, but I can't figure out how. In fact, nothing from my nook seems to sync to my PC. Things like the last page read only stay unique to each platform. I have tried doing the adobe device sync thing that pops up when I plug my nook in, but I only see items on my PC to transfer, nothing shows up for my nook.

I also tried copying the epub file from the nooks "my B&N downloads" to the "My Barnes & Noble eBooks" folder on my PC (and further renaming it to match the one which was originally in that folder), but that didn't succeed either.

Some additional information if it helps: I can obviously transfer files to and from my nook, but I MAY have damaged my nook's connection, I don't know if that would be a problem or not...

Contributor
Pseudorandom
0 Kudos

Re: Syncing annotations and highlights

Aw crap. In my quest to figure out what's wrong, I lost all of my annotations. :smileymad:

A bit pointless now, but if anyone has a solution to this problem, it might be helpful for the future...

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

Pseudorandom wrote:

Is it possible to sync my annotations and highlights FROM my nook TO my PC?

No. B&N has said that it will be possible, but it's not yet.

I've heard that it's possible to sync "farthest point read" between NOOK and PC, but I haven't tried it myself.

Contributor
Pseudorandom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Doug_Pardee wrote:

Pseudorandom wrote:

Is it possible to sync my annotations and highlights FROM my nook TO my PC?

No. B&N has said that it will be possible, but it's not yet.

So there isn't even a way to do it manually? (Side question, does archiving a book preserve annotations?)

New User
SmoothJazz
0 Kudos

Damn good question, and shame on B&N for sealing those valuable notes/annotations on a volatile device! A distinct disadvantage for the Nook, since my Sony does it all quite nicely (and shows a list of highlights & notes).

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 68 members 764 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: