Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

Syncing last page read between Nook apps

I just downloaded the updated Nook apps for the iPad (ver. 1) and iPhone (4).

I had no problems getting them to sync my library and downloading the book I was currently reading.

I cannot get them to sync to last page read.

I have tried opening the book on both apps. Closing the app. Returning to the library screen BEFORE closing the apps. Hitting the sync buttong before closing the app. Hitting the sync button after opening the apps. Even putting a bookmark before doing all of the above. But nothing works.

This is one of the reasons I prefer iBooks - syncing between the devices is seamless - and it has never worked properly with the Nook apps. (I was hoping that the release of the new versions would finally get this to work properly.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Steve

PS - there should also be an option to allow the readers to choose how the pages are numbered. In iBooks, when you change the font size/margins/etc. it changes the number of pages in the book. The Nook apps don't seem to be able to do this simple thing.

New User
phonereader
0 Kudos

Re: Syncing last page read between Nook apps deosn't work

The simple answer is that B&N is having problems with synching the Nook with Iphones! I have spent 4+ hours on various phone calls with B&N and they finally admitted today that they have a "known" problem in synching the last page read with Apple products. That explains why I was unable to sync the last page with my IPhone. It does not explain why I cannot sync with my PC!  Right now I have my book on three devices: my New Nook is on page 83, my iPhone is on page 79 and my PC is on page51.

Tech Support spoke to the developers who stated that they are working on a resolution and hope to have it within a month. The New Nook does not appear to have been ready for release for those of us who read on multiple devices.

New User
phonereader
0 Kudos

Re: Syncing last page read between Nook apps doesn't work

Corrected my typing--doesn't...not deosn't!

Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

Thanks for that info. I don't have an actual Nook any longer (sold it when I got the iPad) but now that I have an iPhone 4 also, I wanted to be able to read on both devices. Have not tried syncing between either Apple device and my PC, but never really bothered me as I never read books on my desktop anyways.

Steve

New User
slapchop
0 Kudos

This issue makes me upset.  Had i known the syncing last page read did not work, i would have purchased a kindle.

New User
Piccolocat
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  I think I got the sync to work between my iPhone and Nook Touch once, but I cannot retrace the steps because I tried so many different combinations of steps!  Finally I went online and chatted with B&N Support, and they did tell me it's a known issue, they are working on it, etc.  But my 14-day return window for the Nook runs out next week, and this lack of sync capability is making me seriously consider returning the Nook, great little reader that it is in other respects!

New User
kjodmb
0 Kudos

Return it. I've been trying to get to my last page for a year. Next upgrade is a kindle.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 59 members 310 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: