New User
love2read221
0 Kudos

Transferring books from one B&N account to another using Nook App on iPad

So I've looked around for a solution but can't find one exactly.  My husband started out with the original Nook and we were sharing it.  Then he got another tablet and gave it away to his brother minus the books. I use the Nook app for Ipad and he uses the android version now. However, he complains that he can't use the Nook account anymore because its all my books.  So I wanted to start my own B&N account and get my books onto it.  I found the books in My Documents in his email address on my PC and I copied them to my email address and I was able to open one of the books with the CC info, but they don't land up in my library on Nook for PC.  I don't want to uninstall the ipad Nook app and reinstall it again if I am not going to see any of the books from the old account or have to pull them up individually every time.  Will it act the same on Nook for iPad? Is there anything else I can try?  Thanks for any help.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

Re: Transferring books from one B&N account to another using Nook App on iPad

love2read221 wrote:

So I've looked around for a solution but can't find one exactly.  My husband started out with the original Nook and we were sharing it.  Then he got another tablet and gave it away to his brother minus the books. I use the Nook app for Ipad and he uses the android version now. However, he complains that he can't use the Nook account anymore because its all my books.  So I wanted to start my own B&N account and get my books onto it.  I found the books in My Documents in his email address on my PC and I copied them to my email address and I was able to open one of the books with the CC info, but they don't land up in my library on Nook for PC.  I don't want to uninstall the ipad Nook app and reinstall it again if I am not going to see any of the books from the old account or have to pull them up individually every time.  Will it act the same on Nook for iPad? Is there anything else I can try?  Thanks for any help.

You can't get your books onto another account.  But, you can sideload the books from the one account onto a device logged in with another account and then unlock them with the name & CC info.  I'm not sure how sideloading works with an iPad as I don't have one.  It might be easier using one of the other eReader apps for the sideloaded eBooks and then you can just stay logged into your account on the Nook app.

Also, when in Nook for PC, if you look along the left hand side at the bottom of the "My Library" heading is "My Stuff" which should be the ebooks from the other account you aren't currently logged in under.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Frequent Contributor
Davan

Re: Transferring books from one B&N account to another using Nook App on iPad

To Side load you are going to need iTunes (the latest build please):

Attach the iPad to the computer

Launch iTunes on the computer

In iTunes click on iPad

Click on the Apps tab

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on NOOK in the File Sharing section

Now drag your books to the Documents section of File Sharing

Sit back and watch the books disappear from iTunes and show up in your Library