DRV
Wordsmith
DRV
0 Kudos

Two Page View

Is there any way to configure the Nook app for Windows 8.1 to display a book with two facing pages? With 11 inch tablets in 16x9 aspect ratio, a single page in landscape mode is way too wide for your eyes to scan the long lines. In portrait  mode, a single page is way too long. A view with 2 facing pages would be the perfect way to read books.

If not, B&N, could you consider adding this option to your Nook app for Windows?

Dennis

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Re: Two Page View

[ Edited ]

The Android version does provide a 2 page view in landscape mode. It is enabled in Settings. Is there no similar setting in the Windows version?

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957
0 Kudos

That's odd.  The Nook for PC I'm running (on Win7 now but I've been using it since XP) automatically goes to two side-by-side pages when I expand the program window wide enough.  Don't see why the program for 8.1 would run differently.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

NookStudy also supports two-page view.  Though, I'm not sure how much B&N is actually supporting NookStudy these days.  It's not listed among the available apps.  I had to do a search for it, and it doesn't list Win8 as one of the supported OS, just XP, Vista and Win7.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 35 members 550 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: