Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

We’ve enhanced our free NOOK-branded eReading software!

[ Edited ]

We’ve enhanced our free NOOK-branded eReading software with updated versions for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and PC. Look for NOOK for Mac® and more updates to NOOK software in the coming months!

Click on link below for more details:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/free-nook-apps/379002321/?bnit=H&bnrefer=EBOOKS&cds2Pid=33956

Wordsmith
Tim40744
0 Kudos

Barnes & Noble Enhances Free eReading Software Offering with NOOK for iPhone, iPad and PC

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/barnes-noble-enhances-free-ereading-software-offering-with-nooktm-f...

"iPhone users will see more theme options that are optimized for day or night reading, better line spacing, and text that is optimized for the iPhone 4's "retina display." The iPad NOOK app offers in-app content rating, as well as performance enhancements over the previous version."

Contributor
ma49
0 Kudos

Re: We’ve enhanced our free NOOK-branded eReading software!

How do I sync my last page read between my Nook and Nook for iphone app??????

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

An update for the NOOK with enhanced features will be available in the coming months.
Inspired Contributor
maxsideburn
0 Kudos

...and the next Nook update will be.....?

sorry, it just drives me INSANE not even being given a rough estimate.

Distinguished Correspondent
AllenR
0 Kudos

I suspect it will be very soon.   Sony will apparently update the press at the end of August with its intentions and Amazon has released Kindle 3.  B&N will be forced to release something soon.

Let's hope the next software update bridges the gap between the clunky, simplistic nook capabilities and Kindle's much more advanced functionality

Lucien Buonaparte speaking of a young lady... "ever fresh, not like a rose, but like a good radish"
Napoleon Buonaparte on the reason for marriage: " I want to marry a womb" - Those Buonapartes sure knew how to woo a woman!

New User
rpnook
0 Kudos

When can we sync? Why create all these different reader apps, if we can't sync between them? I am trading in my Nook for a Kindle if you guys can't fix this.

Contributor
weezimp
0 Kudos

I'm anxious to see the sync work too, but to be honest its absence hasn't cramped my style much. I'd rather see it work well than have it rushed out. My guess is that this is going to require you have airplane mode off during most of your normal reading in order to sync the nook current pages & bookmarks w/your online lib, so there could be a price to pay in battery charge life for this feature.

Frequent Contributor
psjcal
0 Kudos

This still DOES NOT WORK! I have repeatedly uninstalled & reinstalled the  PC reader. I now have the latest v 2.5.1.237. All the books show with my administrator user acct but I spend the majority of my time in a limited user acc't & since the update several days ago NO BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE as a limited user. I am really fed up w/fooling w/this program. All I'm asking for is to get my books back in the bn pc reader. PLEASE let me know how to fix this.

TNS
TNS
0 Kudos

psjcal wrote:

This still DOES NOT WORK! I have repeatedly uninstalled & reinstalled the  PC reader. I now have the latest v 2.5.1.237. All the books show with my administrator user acct but I spend the majority of my time in a limited user acc't & since the update several days ago NO BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE as a limited user. I am really fed up w/fooling w/this program. All I'm asking for is to get my books back in the bn pc reader. PLEASE let me know how to fix this.

The database and the book files are all located for each userid.  In windows vista and 7 

\users\YOUR USERID\Appdata\Roaming\Barnes & Noble\BNDesktopReader

\users\YOUR USERID\My Documents\My Barnes & Noble ebooks

I don't think any attempt was made to allow its access for all users of a PC.

TNS
TNS
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Michael,

Note that with the rebranding of these software AND the rename of this forum to NOOK Apps QA & Support, I see a lot more questions being placed in the wrong forum.  I don't know if you can think of a way to make the names of these forums clearer.

Frequent Contributor
JoeCA
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, still no e-reader for Linux PCs...

I am traveling and forgot my nook at home. I can read books on my Android phone, but I would love to be able to read them on my Linux netbook.

Frequent Contributor
psjcal
0 Kudos

TNS wrote:

psjcal wrote:

The database and the book files are all located for each userid.  In windows vista and 7 

\users\YOUR USERID\Appdata\Roaming\Barnes & Noble\BNDesktopReader

\users\YOUR USERID\My Documents\My Barnes & Noble ebooks

I don't think any attempt was made to allow its access for all users of a PC.

Yes, I found the db & as suggested earlier renamed it w/o success -- and I was able to access books in the limited user account prior to the reader being "fixed."  I am now forced to open the reader as administrator & am not able to open "Reader Preferences." I do NOT see this as an improvement.

TNS
TNS
0 Kudos

What happens if you delete (or rename if you feel cautious) your database?  It should rebuild your database under your limited ID and require you to reidentify your email and B&N password.

New User
cwgee
0 Kudos

Any chance for an app that will work on my wife's zune player?

Frequent Contributor
psjcal
0 Kudos

TNS wrote:

What happens if you delete (or rename if you feel cautious) your database?  It should rebuild your database under your limited ID and require you to reidentify your email and B&N password.

Mea Culpa I did try it again & this time it worked -- must have renamed database under another user acc't. Show me red faced. :smileysurprised: 

New User
jpitt
0 Kudos

How about announcing on CNN WHEN THE BLASTED THING WORKS PROPERLY AND SYNCHS BETWEEN DEVICES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor
psjcal
0 Kudos

Are the "Reader Preferences" supposed to be available at this time or is this for later use?

Inspired Correspondent
jaquellae
0 Kudos

are there any plans for a Windows mobile version, other than the very limited version included the HTC HD2? If not, is there some way to download ebooks as .pdb files vs .epub files, so they can be read on the ereader.com software? They used to be available as .pdb - can there be some option in My Library to choose the format? Thanks.

Contributor
JA_Bal
0 Kudos

Enhanced?  You took away things.  I have a tablet PC and I use to be able to tap one side of the screen or the other to turn pages and now I have to swipe.  BUT everytime I wipe, it thinks I'm trying to highlight as well!  I have to swipe numerous times to get the page to turn or just give up and aim for the tiny arrows.

The new Nook "n" icon is cute but I don't understand why you're taking away certain features.  It also seems slower now and the menu frequently doesn't work - especially when clicking on "settings".

Oh and I just decided to use the word look-up feature - it thinks "suave" is "saw" and "comfortable" is "comparable" and never seems to work right in the slightest.

I love the ebook idea, and I love BN so I'm going to be sticking around, but I hope you guys iron out these bugs.

Thanks

When in doubt, read and learn.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 44 members 288 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: