Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: We’ve enhanced our free NOOK-branded eReading software!

@JA_Bal,

Can you give me the name of a particular eBook that you are experiencing this swiping issue with...?

Contributor
JA_Bal
0 Kudos

I've slowly been trying to get through Eragon - the first book.  I'm reading it on a Lenovo ideapad S10-3t with Windows 7 Home Premium edition.  It was working so much better with the previous version and if there's a way I can turn it back to that version of the software, I would.

I don't think it's the book, it could be my particular computer, but still - why take away the tap-screen-to-turn-a-page feature?  And why does the menu (settings especially) now malfunctions often unless I restart the software from time to time?

I wish I could fork out the money for a nook but with a touch-screen netbook - I should just use what I have.

Thanks for taking notice Matt.  I really hope the next upgrade irons out these bugs. 

When in doubt, read and learn.
Frequent Contributor
2010bc
0 Kudos

Oh boy.  One more product that doesn't work.  I hate to be cranky here, but I got the Nook app for my iphone, and when I tried to use it my library disappeared. Also, the feature that allows my Nook and iphone to sync bookmarks does not work either.  Sure I can delete and reinstall and fiddle with it and get my library back, but I'm really tired beta testing BN's products. I understood when I got one of the early models of the Nook there would be a couple of bugs, but the iphone app is just sloppy.   Note to Barnes and Noble:  First, make it work right---THEN release it.  

With all that said, I love my Nook.  I love reading books on my Nook in the store for free. I really enjoy getting free books.  Oh, yeah, and the Godiva chocolate isn't bad either.

Correspondent
Grammaknits02
0 Kudos

it's wonderful that B&N has enhanced the free NOOK software that I don't use...but how about the software update for our NOOKs that we have PAID for?

Reading Now:
Wrongful Death: The Aids Trial
by Stephan Davis
Frequent Contributor
Flyweight
0 Kudos

JoeCA wrote:

Unfortunately, still no e-reader for Linux PCs...

I am traveling and forgot my nook at home. I can read books on my Android phone, but I would love to be able to read them on my Linux netbook.

Agreed.  I've been a Linux-only user for years -- no Windoze -- and Linux seems to be gaining popularity.  Kobo has released a nice beta Linux desktop app and I'd love to see BN do the same.

I installed the BN app under Chromium/Wine but it doesn't really work.

Reader 2
atmva
0 Kudos

Yes, its a great "Idea" but so far its not synching between my computers or nook.  Hopefully the "Synch Button" will be added soon!!

Still loving my Nook !!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 51 members 689 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: