Frequent Contributor
mdac
0 Kudos

Re: Sooo. Nook app for android?

Michael-V wrote:

@All,

NOOK for Android is now available.  Please click on link below for more details:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/BN-eReader-Software-QA-Support/NOOK-for-Android-is-Now-Availa...

Thanks for the heads up, Michael-V!

I'm downloading it now. THANKS B&N!

Contributor
Judi421
0 Kudos

I finally downloaded it, am in the middle of reading a book and find that I am disappointed. There is no sync between my Droid and my laptop like the Amazon Kindle has. If I read on my Droid, then switch to my laptop, I have to manually go to the page I left off on. I called B&N tech support and they said that there is no way to sync between different devices. :smileysad:

Inspired Contributor
JohnP51
0 Kudos

Judi421 wrote:

I finally downloaded it, am in the middle of reading a book and find that I am disappointed. There is no sync between my Droid and my laptop like the Amazon Kindle has. If I read on my Droid, then switch to my laptop, I have to manually go to the page I left off on. I called B&N tech support and they said that there is no way to sync between different devices. :smileysad:

Yet. According to a B&N moderator, that feature is coming.

John

"Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else." ~ Mark Twain
Contributor
Judi421
0 Kudos

YEAH!! But until then, I will use Kindle..... Thanks for the info!

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@Judi421,

It won’t sync with NOOK just yet, that is coming in the future.  It will sync with iPad, PC, and the upcoming version of iPhone.

NOTE ON SYNCING

If the PC Reader is already open, then you need to do a manual sync.

There is sometimes a slight page or two difference due to how the pages are rendered.

Make sure to hit the synch button from the Library view.  Then I did a manual synch on the Android app from the Library list view, select the title you’re reading on the PC Client, open it and  it will pick right where you left off. 

Reader
JohnsMommie
0 Kudos

Yes but it won't work with older Cliq... none of them do. I get that technogy moves fast but am  throughly upset that NOTHING new goes back to a phone that is six months old. This makes me want to scream. In an economy when I do not have extra $$$ I am forced to buy a dang reader or new phone just to get an application that will work.

Contributor
Judi421
0 Kudos

I agree -- we spent so much money - I am now using the Amazon Kindle App. It works just fine and I have absolutely no problems with it. The ebook prices are the same. Until B&N's Nook app can sync between pc and Droid, I will be giving my money to Amazon....

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 14 members 430 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: