Contributor
DCGrams
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

cannot download books on android tablet but can on NookColor

I can see the book titles on my tablet in my library. When I try to download I get a message to check internet connectivity and try again. I have no problem downloading the same book on my NookColor. Both are on the same wifi network. The nook app came installed on the tablet. Anyone have some ideas on how to enjoy my reading on my tablet?
Frequent Contributor
Davan

Re: cannot download books on android tablet but can on NookColor

Hi DCG,

When requesting assistance on the boards it is best if you supply more information than you have already.  Suggested info:

Brand of the Tablet

Android OS version of the Tablet

What version of the app do you have, have you checked to see if there is an updated version of the app?

Are any other apps running?  There might be a software conflict.

Do you have the WiFi icon lit up on your tablet when you attempt to download.

Have you "Forgotten" the WiFi network on your tablet and attempted to reconnect and then download?

Have you tested your browser right after you attempt to download?  Does it give you the same error?  If so please call your Tablet MFG for Techical Support for the tablet as it is the tablet that is causing the issue not the app.

Does the app give you a numbered error message?  Please send the boards that entire message and the errror number.

Anything else you can think of that might be causing this issue would be nice also, since the staff here does not know how you might be using your tablet.

Thanks and Aloha,

Dave

Contributor
DCGrams

Re: cannot download books on android tablet but can on NookColor

Thank you for responding to my message.  Since I posted the message I had an online chat with Samsung tech support.  They helped me work through the problem.  All is up and running.  The tablet, wifi connection, and everything about the Samsung Note 10.1 tablet worked at the time except I could not download the text of the books in my library from B&N.  What tech support had me do was select the app and perform a force stop, clear data and clear cache.  After that, downloads worked.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 695 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: