New User
lillys10
0 Kudos

credit card decline

I just tried to buy an ebook with a different credit card and on my account it shows that the card was declined. I figured i could just switch cards and try to re-order the book but now it says that i already have the book and it will not let me rebuy it. so what do i do? is there a way to get rid of the declined order?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: credit card decline

lillys10 wrote:

I just tried to buy an ebook with a different credit card and on my account it shows that the card was declined. I figured i could just switch cards and try to re-order the book but now it says that i already have the book and it will not let me rebuy it. so what do i do? is there a way to get rid of the declined order?

I would suggest that you call Customer Service -- 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), Option 2, Digital Support.

New User
hookemhornsJA
0 Kudos

Had the same problem when my card expired...  The fact that you can't remedy this online, by entering a new card, or re-ordering the book, or having the system charge your new card once it is entered, is par for the course... 

Try calling customer service as suggested by Bklvr896 and if your experience is like mine you will either find them closed, or a really long wait time... Just what you want to encounter when you are ready to read another book... 

Combine this type of service with the unreasonably high prices for e-books (no printing, binding, shipping, returns, etc.), and you get a really good opportunity for a competitor...

New User
CAHurricaneCS
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem . Let me know if there's a solution .

Distinguished Wordsmith
Josienjoe
0 Kudos

CAHurricaneCS wrote:

I am having the same problem . Let me know if there's a solution .

Have you tried calling Customer Service -- 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665), Option 2, Digital Support?

New User
OminousJune
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I see I am a bit late on this answer, but perhaps I can help new people with the same problem. Mine did that, I was sure I bought 5 books, they wouldn't work the next day due to a hold, and it declined them. Customer support told me I needed to pay with a different credit card, didn't have one that I would use online, so I figured ok, I will have to go get another pre-paid credit card. I FUMED over this for a few minutes, and thought about it. A new card did me no good for those declined books.

Anyways, what ended up working absolutely fine, was calling the customer service number, then choose pay for an order. Follow the instructions to re-charge your card for the order. Each order will need to be done seperately. You CAN use the same card this way. You will need to have order numbers and your credit card handy to do this, but hey, it unlocks your card.

Hope this helps anyone still stuck, or stuck in the future.

PS It does take up to 30 mins for books to unlock themselves on NOOK Color, not sure about anywhere else. I had to download one onto the computer before it would unlock on my nook color. Worked like a charm :smileyhappy:

Good luck!!!

New User
colyla
0 Kudos

This annoys me to no end.....I tried calling...several times....was hung up on once.....after waiting forever...I think it's ridiculous.  I did try calling with the order number and my credit card....but it still hasn't unlocked....i'll wait 30 minutes to see if it had worked by then.

I've been having little stupid problems like this since I bought it....to the point that I have one more issue ... I'm selling it and buying the kindle like I should have done in the first place.  My boss and co-worker both have the kindle and love it.  Best part?  I work at a large community college and my husband is a manager at sprint.....that is a HUGE  amount of "bad press for nook, good press for kindle" if you ask me :smileyhappy:

New User
crazy4coastie
0 Kudos

I am glad everyone is talking about the credit card issue, because I hoped I wasn't the only one. As for switching to Kindle. I wouldn't be so quick. They have their own issues too. Also my local library loans out books to the nook but their ebooks aren't compatible with kindle. Go figure.

Wordsmith
ProfReader
0 Kudos

crazy4coastie wrote:

I am glad everyone is talking about the credit card issue, because I hoped I wasn't the only one. As for switching to Kindle. I wouldn't be so quick. They have their own issues too. Also my local library loans out books to the nook but their ebooks aren't compatible with kindle. Go figure.

That is because at the moment the Nook uses the epub format which is the worldwide standard and Kindle uses mobi format which is Amazon's proprietary format. Amazon has announced they are working with Overdrive to make library books available for the Kindle later this year.

We will have to see whether this makes things better or worse for us Nook users.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:40 members 299 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: