New User
TygTag
0 Kudos

eReader Continually asking for Account/Credit Card Info -- Help!

I am at my wits end. Whenever I attempt to read a book with the BN eReader on ANY of my PC machines I'm now asking to enter my email address and the credit card number I purchased the book with. This is ridiculous. I'm signed into my account all my information including the books I've purchased are all listed there. I've no idea why this is suddenly happening because I didn't have this problem to start with. I'm really beginning to regret having sunk money into a nook and putting all my ebooks in one basket so to speak. Can anyone give me any suggestions as how to fix this besides uninstalling and reinstalling the software?
Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

Re: eReader Continually asking for Account/Credit Card Info -- Help!

TygTag wrote:
I am at my wits end. Whenever I attempt to read a book with the BN eReader on ANY of my PC machines I'm now asking to enter my email address and the credit card number I purchased the book with. This is ridiculous. I'm signed into my account all my information including the books I've purchased are all listed there. I've no idea why this is suddenly happening because I didn't have this problem to start with. I'm really beginning to regret having sunk money into a nook and putting all my ebooks in one basket so to speak. Can anyone give me any suggestions as how to fix this besides uninstalling and reinstalling the software?

Do you have a default credit card on file with B&N?  Go to your account and check since the box sometimes gets unchecked.

New User
TygTag
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a default credit card on file with B&N? Go to your account and check since the box sometimes gets unchecked.

-----------------------------------

I have a couple of different cards on file. I tried switching back to the old default and still nothing. I'm at a total loss as to what to do. I'm tempted to just call BN but I've no idea what type of response I'll get.
Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@TygTag,

Thank you for posting.  We're striving to improve the reading experience and your input is valuable. 

We are looking into this for you here, but please don't hesitate in contacting our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665).

Please let us know if you issue was resolved.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Can you PM (Private Message) me your account email and a contact phone number so that we can reach out to you....?

We want to help.

Contributor
Blades
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. I put in my user name and then it worked ( at least for me ) Hope this helps

"Too many books....not enough Time"
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:54 members 679 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: