05-26-2012 10:03 PM - edited 05-26-2012 10:18 PM
The following are for a mouse operated web browser. You may need to make variations like substituting "tap" for "click" if you are using a web browser on a phone or tablet.
- Go to http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
- Click the search box to get an insertion bar
- Enter a dollar sign
- Click "$0.00" on the drop down (or finish entering "$0.00" and click the search button)
- You should see the first page of thousands of PAGES of free books (I'm seeing over 61,000 pages tonight - 30 free books per page)
- Clicking the book cover thumbnails should result in access to item descriptions and an opportunity to "purchase" them (will require logging in with your B&N account). Even free books require an active credit or check/debit card to use for the author/publisher rights protection process (the card number and expiration date unlock the book in your reader software)
- Sync your reader software to B&N's server. Exact syncing procedures may vary depending on which device you are using to run your B&N reading software (It's a good idea to include device descriptions and reader software version numbers with inquiries)
On Fridays look for a special "Free Fridays" offer (might still be available over the weekend)
Note that some enhanced eBooks or magazines only work on Nook Color or Nook Tablet (I don't know how many free titles have this requirement) so check the descriptions for device compatibility.