Contributor
JustinMeek
0 Kudos

iPad App and Wifi

Hi,

I own a NOOK and have been a big fan. I recently bought an iPad and was jazzed about using the iPad to read my NOOK books (my wife will use the actual NOOK). However, it seems that my Nook app often needs a wifi connection to work? The support person I spoke to suggested this was not true, but the solution they offered (delete the app and re-download) was crap. I have done that MANY times and the problem is not going away. If I restart the iPad for any reason or don't use the app for several days, then the app REQUIRES me to sign in before I can access my already downloaded books. This is a huge problem, because I often don't have wifi access. I use the app a lot while traveling and it is very frustrating to loose access to my books this way. Anyone else having this issue? Can someone confirm this is a real issue and not something to do with me? Why will BN not admitt the problem and fix it? I REALLY don't want to buy from apple, but I may end up buying from them if this continues. Bottom line -- I want to be able to access my book at any time.

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Re: iPad App and WiFi

JustinMeek wrote:

Hi,

I own a NOOK and have been a big fan. I recently bought an iPad and was jazzed about using the iPad to read my NOOK books (my wife will use the actual NOOK). However, it seems that my Nook app often needs a WiFi connection to work? The support person I spoke to suggested this was not true, but the solution they offered (delete the app and re-download) was crap. I have done that MANY times and the problem is not going away. If I restart the iPad for any reason or don't use the app for several days, then the app REQUIRES me to sign in before I can access my already downloaded books. This is a huge problem, because I often don't have wifi access. I use the app a lot while traveling and it is very frustrating to loose access to my books this way. Anyone else having this issue? Can someone confirm this is a real issue and not something to do with me? Why will BN not admitt the problem and fix it? I REALLY don't want to buy from apple, but I may end up buying from them if this continues. Bottom line -- I want to be able to access my book at any time.

I use the NOOK app on my iPad for reading without WiFi access all the time.

I am not asked to re-sign in when restarting the iPad or NOOK App.

I suggest going to the iPad settings screen. There under Apps you will find the settings for the NOOK app. Under the nook app the only setting on mine is "Deregister device on launch". Make sure this is set to OFF.

If it is on you will need to re-sign in each time you launch the app.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 643 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: