Contributor
ZombiePete
0 Kudos

iPad & iPhone Sync Broken

It looks like syncing is already a known problem between some devices, but I wanted to add my two cents and put this out there. I have an iPad and an iPhone 4; I downloaded the nook apps the day they came out (I had the B&N eReader apps prior with lots of books, and a nook itself before my iPad). One of the things I have been really looking forward to is syncing between my two devices because I don't always carry my iPad with me, but I virtually always have my phone.

Unfortunately, the syncing just plain doesn't work. For a little while, my phone would overwrite where I was on the iPad even though on the iPhone it was a hundred pages back. No "furthest read" option that I can see. Bookmarks and highlights aren't syncing either, at all.

I am very disappointed that this feature isn't working for me. I had been checking the app store almost everyday hoping that the update was coming, and lo and behold it did only to cause me frustration. All I can say is that I hope they're working on a fix.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Re: iPad & iPhone Sync Broken

@ZombiePete,

I am looking into this for you.

FYI.

New User
eBookLove
0 Kudos

I am in total agreement with this post.  Sync'ing furthest location (automatically) is one of the most important features after basic book reading.  I also have iPad and iPhone 4.  I have never seen this work nor do I see an option for nook app.  Other reader apps have this option and work flawlessly.  This is my one complaint about nook app.  It would go from 3 star to 5 star in the app store immediately with this fix.

Contributor
ZombiePete
0 Kudos

@Michael-V

Thanks, I look forward to hearing the results of your inquiry. As of today the sync is still broken as far as I can tell.

New User
jpitt
0 Kudos

I'm about to give up on the Nook reader because of this. I tried the Kindle app on my iPad and Iphone and it works flawlessly.  I'll give them until Oct 1 and then I'm going over to Kindle.

New User
kconatymd
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Has the sync feature EVER worked?  This is a feature that I have been waiting for since purchasing my Nook.

Can't get official B&N answer to this question.

New User
jpitt
0 Kudos

Three weeks and still not even a "We're working on it" from B&N. Reminds me of the saying "Abandon all hope"

Kindle is going to eat your lunch if you don't get this fixed SOON!

Frequent Contributor
ahintz
0 Kudos

I'm having the same issue. Until it is fixed, I find myself purchasing from iBooks when available because I can sync between my iPhone and iPad.

Correspondent
growlingraven
0 Kudos

kconatymd wrote:

Has the sync feature EVER worked?  This is a feature that I have been waiting for since purchasing my Nook.

Can't get official B&N answer to this question.

It's never worked.

Frequent Contributor
TogetherForGood
0 Kudos

Trying to sync new iPhone4 w original NOOK. Not working. Should it? Frustrating Is there another option?
www.boundtogetherforgood.blogspot.com
New User
Piccolocat
0 Kudos

Well, this is discouraging.  I see how old this thread is, and the sync issue STILL hasn't been fixed...

Inspired Bibliophile
LarryOnLI
0 Kudos

Piccolocat wrote:

Well, this is discouraging.  I see how old this thread is, and the sync issue STILL hasn't been fixed...

I don't know what you are concluding that from. My NOOK, iPad, and iPhone all sync last page read between them.

Frequent Contributor
TogetherForGood
0 Kudos

My iPhone4 and original NOOK still don't sync.
www.boundtogetherforgood.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

I no longer have a Nook but I have the original iPad and the iPhone4 and when I actually have the Nook apps on them, they NEVER sync the last page read between them. I wish they did, but until the problem is straightened out - iBooks has no problems understanding what syncing to last page read means.

Reader 2
CathyFitzgerald
0 Kudos

it is over a year later and still not working :mansad:

Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

Larry, I for one would LOVE to know how you get the iPad and iPhone apps to sync last page read to each other???
New User
Captain_Ozone
0 Kudos

Nook tech support had be remove the book from my iPhone nook librate and reload it. It went to the latest page from the nook. I read a few pages on the iPhone and when I went to the nook, the nook was on the correct page. The sales person in a B&N store said he was told in a training session that the problem is not a software issue but rather with Apple not allowing the feature because they want a cut of the book sales. Why B&N keeps advertising this feature is beyond me. Had I known they didn't sync, I wouldn't have bought the nook. As it is, I am going to Best Buy tonight and getting a kindle.
New User
Captain_Ozone
0 Kudos

And the sad thing is that the Nook (basic one) hardware is far superior to the Kindle.
Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

If it is the case of Apple not allowing the syncing feature, why does it work perfectly between the iPad and iPhone versions of the Kindle app? Seems strange that iBooks (OK that is the Apple reader) and Kindle have been able to sync properly to last page read for a while, but BN's Nook still can't do it.

Inspired Contributor
swandy
0 Kudos

FINALLY FIXED!!!!!

BN FINALLY seems to have fixed the sync problem between the various iOS devices!!!

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 36 members 929 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: