Frequent Contributor
Weezie13
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

iPad app nook update

Can anyone explain to me just what the "Everything Else" filter is designed to do?  I can't find any information about it.  I have the original iPad and when I select the filter I get this "Content not supported on this device".  I have the latest IOS on my iPad.  Thanks,  Louise

Weezie
Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

Re: iPad app nook update

Hi Weezie,

The Everything else filter is for items that you have in your account that are not supported by Nook for iOS, things like certain Magazines, eTextbooks and the like.  It shows what you have that you will need either a NOOKstudy app or NOOK device to be able to read.

Aloha,

Dave

Frequent Contributor
Weezie13
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dave.

Weezie
New User
pterandon
0 Kudos

Are you saying that B&N as a policy will not support "our own", say public domain, epubs which exist on our device (iPad)?
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

No, that's not what he said; read the answer again. Certain content purchased thru B&N only works on certain devices. "enhanced" books generally don't work on the NE1 or NST, Some magazines aren't epubs, but apps so they only work on the NC/NT/HD devices. Textbooks only work on a computer via Nook for PC. There is a little ? mark on the web page that says "works on these devices" so you can check the format prior to purchasing. Items that don't work on the ipad will show up here. If you download a drm-free ePub directly to your ipad, you are given an option as to what software you want to read with. Generally, public domain epubs work fine and will show up under books in the nook for ipad app.
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 35 members 257 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: