New User
lifeless
0 Kudos

iphone app installed but books wont download

I bought a Textbook and put it on my computer but when I try to download it to my ipod it says "we're sorry. An unknown server error has occurred. Please try your download again later." so I thought it was just that book but it does it to all books and will not let me put any on my ipod. So far I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, signing out then back in, reformatting my device to factory. Nothing seems to be working. If someone could please give me an idea to get my book on there I will be very happy.

New User
NefariousMonkey
0 Kudos

Re: iphone app installed but books wont download

Has anyone found a solution to this problem.  I recently downloaded a book for my Mac and then downloaded the Nook app for my iPhone.  I can see the book in my library but can't download it.  Every time I try I get "We're sorry.  An unknown server error has occurred.  Please try your download again later."

New User
NefariousMonkey
0 Kudos

Re: iphone app installed but books won't download SOLUTION

Ok.  I missed the rather obvious print in the FAQ that says eTextbooks are graphic-intensive and are not available on the iPhone.  Just thought I'd follow up in case anyone else looks here for a solution.

New User
Toaster
0 Kudos

I am getting the server error message for all my books, none of which are text books and none of which are highly graphic - just regular fiction and science fiction books.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem??  iTunes has a lot of complaints about this very problem :smileysad:

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Can you give me the name of one of those eBooks?  If you would prefer you can send me a PM.
New User
omn2002
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with my Ipad. The book is an Ecology textbook from school. I keep getting the same downloading error, telling me to try again later. Any help would be appreciated.

New User
Sionnon
0 Kudos

I am unable to download any books onto my iPhone app. I tried downloading a free ebook that I received email about. The specific book was Enchanting The Lady but Kathyrne Kennedy.  I click download, it puts a green check by the book but its not there.  EIther I am misunderstanding how the application works or its broken. Please help.

Thanks

Contributor
mick-lovin
0 Kudos

I have been having the same problems with my ipad. I am not trying to download a text book but i still get the server error. I am really annoyed. 

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

On your iPad go to Settings then do the following:

Tap on WiFi

Go to the Network with the Check mark which indicates your active connection and tap on the blue and white arrow on the right.

Tap on Forget this Network.

Then tap on Forget.

Then go back to the WiFi Networks and tap on the Network you chose to forget.

This should fix your server connection issue.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

Which Edition of Ecology are you referring to...?
Please also note that we do have the NOOKstudy App that is specifically designed for eTextbooks and information on that App can be found here:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKstudy-for-Students/bd-p/NOOKstudyforstudents

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@Sionnon,

Please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and choose option 2 for Digital Support.  Please let us know if your issue was resolved.

New User
CaptainApathy
0 Kudos

I am getting this same error when I attempt to dowload a purchased book to my iPod Touch through the nook app.  I dropped my current wifi network and picked it back up but it made no difference.

Wordsmith
Michael-V
0 Kudos

@CaptainApathy,

Please contact our Customer Service Team at 1-800-THE-BOOK (1-800-843-2665) and choose option 2 for Digital Support.  Please let us know if your issue was resolved.

New User
swirlp0p
0 Kudos

I just called them this morn, all you have to do is turn your iphone on and off and sign out and in from the nook application.

Reader
ecw0647
0 Kudos

I tried each of the aforementioned suggestions but found the only way I could solve this problem was by uninstalling the Nook app and then reinstalling.  Then everything worked fine, my books were all recognized, and interestingly, it never asked me to sign back in.

New User
cobaltdenali
0 Kudos

I, too, have experiences this "We're Sorry...cannot download.." error on oth my iphone and ipad at various times.  It is ridicullous that I have to restart my unit, or delete and reinstall Nook app. There is no rhyme nor reason. I have excellent wi-fi.  It can be that it downloads on ipad, but not iphone, or vice versa.  Amazon Kindle books are my first choice, as they have proved over and over better reliability with purchases and downloads. I come to bn when I can't fins the Kindle book, or there is a better price at bn, but again, not my first choice.

New User
kadybug
0 Kudos

Book won't download on iPad

Hello Michael,

I saw it looked like you were offering some sort of support with this error issue. I bought a book specifically to download to my iPad to use in class tomorrow for an exam. The book downloaded onto my desktop and my macbook, but everytime I click download on the book in my nook library on iPad I keep getting the Error try again. So far I've reinstalled the Nook application, restarted my ipad, signed in and out.. nothing is working. Other books like the Nook suggestions download just fine.. just the book I paid for won't download. I don't know what to do.. I'm kinda pressed for time. The book is The Essentials of Contemporary Management. Please any help would be greatly appreciated, if not I really feel like I just wasted $88 or so.

Thank you for your time.

New User
cobaltdenali
0 Kudos

Re: Book won't download on iPad

I hope they come out with a "fix" for this, as their "solution" is not for everyone, and not a permanent one. Turning on and off device, logging in and out of Nook, logging out and in of your wi-fi, deleting and reinstalling.... NOT a solution.  In your case (since none of these work), what about syncing ipad to mac, then seeing if you can download?  Just an idea since that seems yet to be suggested.

Not very stable, BN!

Distinguished Correspondent
very-simple
0 Kudos

Re: Book won't download on iPad

kadybug wrote:

Hello Michael,

I saw it looked like you were offering some sort of support with this error issue. I bought a book specifically to download to my iPad to use in class tomorrow for an exam. The book downloaded onto my desktop and my macbook, but everytime I click download on the book in my nook library on iPad I keep getting the Error try again. So far I've reinstalled the Nook application, restarted my ipad, signed in and out.. nothing is working. Other books like the Nook suggestions download just fine.. just the book I paid for won't download. I don't know what to do.. I'm kinda pressed for time. The book is The Essentials of Contemporary Management. Please any help would be greatly appreciated, if not I really feel like I just wasted $88 or so.

Thank you for your time.

Is this a regular nookbook or something specifically designed for nookstudy?  Nookstudy is only available for computers at this time - not other devices (i.e., not the nook device or any 3rd party devices).  

New User
zorrah
0 Kudos

I, too had this problem on my iphone. After a bit of trial & error I ended up deleting the app and re downloading it from itunes, only to discover that the app has been totally updated (hello B&N it helps if we are notified of these things!) once it was installed I had to RE download ALL of my books, a real pia but it works fine now. My first choice is Amazon Kindle books as well, its fast, stable and lets you know when theres updates to the app.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 269 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: