Inspired Correspondent
jaquellae
0 Kudos

nook for android force close

Has anyone had trouble with nook for android force closing? I've tried restarting my phone and reinstalling the app, but I've never been able to open the app before it force closes.

Reader 4
devours_books
0 Kudos

Re: nook for android force close

I use nook app for android and haven't had that issue.  Have you totally uninstalled the app and tried re-installing it?  Mine just did an update a couple days ago, so perhaps it's your version.

Inspired Correspondent
jaquellae
0 Kudos

I tried doing that tonight. It comes up with the sign in splash screen, will let me try to sign in, then it'll force close. It'll force close every time after that, without even bringimg up the application every time after that, even if I restart the phone.

New User
ChiefOdie
0 Kudos

I'm having the problem about every 3 days...  It Force-Closes and the only way I can get the system to allow me to read the books in my Barns and Noble library is to clear the data for the application and log in (Go to Apps, Select the Nook app, select "Clear Data")

The best I can tell, it appears to be a problem when my Nook goes in and out of WiFi.  If I turn off the WiFi, the problem goes away.  My guess is that the problem is in the DRM code (and the books I'm reading have been published without DRM!)

Thanks

Chief

Distinguished Bibliophile
bobstro
0 Kudos

Safe to assume that you've tried an unintelligible, followed by a reinstall? Worst case, there are other Android reading apps that can handle B&N DRM if you have any.

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 232 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: