New User
gary_from_austin
0 Kudos

technical pdf files

Don't have a Nook, but need it primarily for technical pdf documents.  Went to B&N store with sample document and Nook person loaded it on a reader.  Text was readable, but all figures/graphs/charts disappeared.  Only way to see them was to set the smallest font possible so that the full page could be shown on the page, but figures became far too small to be readable.  Is this the best I can expect out of the Nook?  Can a page be displayed in landscape mode?

Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 4,005
0 Kudos

Re: technical pdf files

That's the situation right now for PDF files. A number of requests have been made to improve PDF handling in the future, but what changes we'll get, and when, we won't know until they happen.

No e-reader is very good for dealing with PDFs, but right now NOOK is probably among the worst.

Since you say you intend to use the reader primarily for technical PDF files, I highly recommend that you get something with a larger screen, like an iPad. Most PDF files are designed to be viewed at letter/A4 page size, and trying to view them on a tiny screen is simply going to give headaches.

New User
gary_from_austin
0 Kudos

Re: technical pdf files

Doug, thanks for your reply.  I had expected that was going to be the answer, and appreciate your input.

Gary

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 64 members 596 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: