Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 4
misschinadoll
0 Kudos

1.4 update

:heart:

It seem to me that im the only person that loves the new update for the nook color. Everyone is complaining but I love it and wants to say thanks you B&N.
Inspired Contributor
Joe05
0 Kudos

Re: 1.4 update

No you aren't the only one....At first I wasn't that impressed with it, but the more I mess around with it the more I like it. Actually I have been spending all my time on the stock side instead of the android side via the N2A card.

Contributor
Spyderman
0 Kudos

Personally, I think it's great.  But, from the little I have read in the comments, it seems like to me the primary complaint is that the main menu can no longer be brought up by tapping the bottom of the screen (you now need to hit the "n" key).  I agree with that, but overall  like the upgrade.

Frequent Contributor
ProhibitionRose
0 Kudos

Re: 1.4 update has bugs

The update is ok, however I am experiencing some issues with it:

- the nook seems more stubborn to scroll between home pages, and takes several swipes or a hit of the N to get it to go to the proper screen

- I cant update my reading status any longer on facebook, which sucks because I am part of a book club there.

So far that is all that I have found.  The lendme app seems to be working better, but Id rather have the top two then the lend me app not glitchy.

=(

If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in! ~ Shel Silverstein
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
0 Kudos

misschinadoll wrote:

:heart:

It seem to me that im the only person that loves the new update for the nook color. Everyone is complaining but I love it and wants to say thanks you B&N.

Glad to see you're enjoying your update:smileyhappy:

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Contributor
springhen
0 Kudos

Is there some reason that the update isn't rolling out any more? I am hesitant to "sideload" it as that is a word I learned Monday. Wondering if it's coming, or if there is a holdup related to the reported bugginess? Thanks.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
0 Kudos

Hi Springhen,

The update is still being rolled out. For whatever reason, your device may have skipped the initial period but should happen at anypoint. However, if you don't want to wait then by all means sideload the update. No need to be hesitant, its safe and secure.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.