Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
sewread
0 Kudos

Re: A New Survey

Sorry, misspoke shoulda said Great Work.
Reader 4
cjinstru
0 Kudos

Nope, it's not on mine nook and will not be. But, for those of that faith fo in peace.

Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1

I'm assuming you mean the Holy Bible, correct?  (No offense meant, I come from a Catholic family, Great-Aunt who was a nun and cousin who is a priest, but am very non-practicing)  If that's the one you're asking about then the answer is no.  I do have a Wiccan Bible though...

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
0 Kudos

NO

Nook Color Wallpapers
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

Nevermore1 wrote:

I'm assuming you mean the Holy Bible, correct?  (No offense meant, I come from a Catholic family, Great-Aunt who was a nun and cousin who is a priest, but am very non-practicing)  If that's the one you're asking about then the answer is no.  I do have a Wiccan Bible though...

What also floats in water?......

BURN HER....BURN HER!!!!

I kill me  :smileyvery-happy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88

Can't anyone see right throught It? Some people get off on the reaction they cause. Watch and see........
Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:

Nevermore1 wrote:

What also floats in water?......

BURN HER....BURN HER!!!!

I kill me  :smileyvery-happy:

:smileyvery-happy:  I do have the Wiccan Bible - the OP didn't specify which one so that's why I asked.  At least I don't have the Satanic Bible :smileysurprised: (no offense meant to anyone who does, just pointing out that it is a Bible, I am a firm beleiver of believe in what you want to).

phoneboy
0 Kudos

FTR, I believe in the Golden rule and Karma. I figure that should cover most everything but the believe and worship parts.

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

Phoneboy said, " I kill me". Suicide is not the answer........
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Your right, Thanks man :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

Karma: 1. Hinduism., Buddhism. Action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincerntion: in Hinduism one of the means of reaching Brahman. Compare bhaki (def. 1) jnana. 2. Theosophy. The cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished in one incarnation according to that person's deeds in the previous incarnation. What did you do in your last Life? Good or bad?
Frequent Contributor
Moonchild54
0 Kudos

Phoneboy you crack me up!!!!

Correspondent
KJRad
0 Kudos

My second purchase on my NC was the "New Spirit-Filled Life Bible for Women, NKJV" and I use it every day. Right now it's the only book I have on my home page for quick access.

Frequent Contributor
Lilliepop
0 Kudos

I would like a wiccan bible... what do you all recommend?

Distinguished Correspondent
lvmync
0 Kudos

I have the English Standard Version (ESV) on my you can get it for free from B&N.

American by birth, Texan by the grace of my Parents.
Frequent Contributor
William-Wilson
0 Kudos

I have two on my NookColor.  I think both are very easy to navigate and find specific versus.  I would recommend them to anyone who is interested:

Holy Bible: Illustrated King James Version - by Mobile Reference and The Holy Bible - English Standard Version - by Crossway Bibles.

I am not sure how they compare to the iPhone app (I have a Droid with YouVersion Bible app), but I would recommend them as being good.

Happiness is a choice.
Inspired Correspondent
Viktornka
0 Kudos

Where's the admin/moderator when we need one?

Poking fun at someone's faith,  or lack thereof,  is way out of bounds.

It's not fair to say, "It was just a joke," when peoples' sensitivities might be involved.

Bible, no Bible.  I don't care.  Just be nice.

Contributor
luvs2cruise

[ Edited ]

Yes! I have two so far and yes be nice  :smileyvery-happy:

Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

I created an epub of the daily Mass readings using the Universalis (Windows version) app which (the daily Mass readings) I uploaded to the NookColor with Calibre. I read them every morning plus Mobile Gabriel and The Word Among Us devotionals/reflections which are based on the daily Mass readings and are online, plus The Upper Room(online) and Daily Guideposts(purchased from B&N). Now during Lent I have added two more devotional reads: Untying Life's Knots and Daybreaks, both in paper. Takes about an hour to read including a cup of coffee and recording my (over) weight and blood sugar readings on Fitday. A great way to begin your day.

I have been waiting for Lardian to finish their Android app for the New American Bible. So until then, I will just lug out the paper version when necessary.

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Frequent Contributor
Cassadillajones
0 Kudos

I have the ESV study Bible from Crossway. It was the first thing I bought and well worth it!