Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved

Re: A New Survey

I prefer the separation of chruch and the Nook Color General Discussion forum.

These comments, jokes, opinions don't offend me but I don't think they have a place here either. Are we talking about the nook or what?

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

Niteryder wrote:

riffrafff wrote:

Niteryder wrote:

phoneboy wrote:

Niteryder wrote:

phoneboy wrote:

Bump...:smileytongue:

Not Funny. sad and disprectful, but not funny.

I thought it was.

Sorry you and I dont have the same sence of humor.

Change the channel??

Thinking and making assumptions are what get people in trouble. Perhaps you should have taken your own advice when the OP asked the original question, instead of making light of someones beliefs. Or is it just others who have to be tolerant of your juvenile attempts at humor? Change the Channel?

Being funny to a small slice of the population who frequent these boards is really not a great feat. Being tolerant and accepting to those who have a different belief than you is a much bigger one. Last time I checked the bible is a book, and a book that is sold at the B&N store, and most likely the best selling book of all time. If someone cannot ask a question about a book on a book related forum, where I ask can they?

Seriously do you really think anyone cares whether you agree with their belief in God, who made you the person who decides whether someone can practice religion freely? Don't like it? As you said in your own meager attempt at levity, change the channel. Be the bigger person and move on to something that you enjoy next time. Or is it that you do enjoy making trouble, a public forum is not the place to air your own insecurities. Pathetic.  

I thought it was hilarious.

'Course, 'round here, I don't have atheist fanatics coming to my door on a weekly basis, trying to convert me.  

So, yeah.  Phoneboy's right on target, there.

Small minds think alike.

He hath cut me to the quick.   Ooooo.  I am slain. 

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

[ Edited ]

Niteryder wrote:
Small minds think alike.

Or small minds prompt big mouths to say stupid things like this.

I am a Christian, found phoneboy's initial post in this thread to be unwarranted and unneccessarily condescending/patronizing/rude.  Others encouraged him with equally immature behavior.

However, anyone who doesn't see the cartoon as poignant is deluding himself.  For decades Christians have allowed the fringes to speak publicly for them - and those fringes have been rude, accusatory, unrespectable and not very Christian.  Then when the groups who have been castigated have shown any sign of disrespect to the Church, the Church has played victim.  [Church capitalized as the body of believers, not capitalized as the Catholic Church.]  

Edit:  Sorry.  I can't do it.  I can't have a singular subject and a plural object.  I know modern convention prefers "them" to "him" for gender equity, but I can't do it.  I can't.  Anyone is singular.  It is not plural.  I cannot use 'them" with it.  :smileytongue: 

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

IMMATURE??? Well let me just say,......um. .... well...maybe a little. **I still think it was funny** :smileyhappy:
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder

It's always fun being on the giving end of ridicule, not so fun being on the recieving end. Perhaps it's time to see this is a dead end post and will do nothing but cause discord, point taken, or fallen on deaf ears? I guess time will tell, will the need to make the final point override better judgement?

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

I gave up good judgement for lent so....Still funny. :smileyhappy:
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown