Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

A Question about a Path to go from 1.1/AutoNooter 3 to 1.2/ManualNooter

I've AutoNootered my 1.1 NC and I really like it a lot. I have the apps I want etc.

I like what the NC 1.2 firmware can offer so I've been waiting for the Next Autonooter . . . the threads here about the "Manual Nooter" process are very encouraging so I'm thinking about taking the plunge.

How do I get from 1.1 / Autonooter 3 to 1.2 / MAnual Nooter?

How do I restore all of my apps? Will I loose my user data, like my completed Angry Birds levels or Shadow Era deck, and experience points? (Awesome game, BTW - It's like a "Magic the Gathering Lite")

I have done some backups to the SD card with Titanium Backup . . . will this help?

Nook Color Wallpapers
Inspired Correspondent
ladytonya
0 Kudos

Re: A Question about a Path to go from 1.1/AutoNooter 3 to 1.2/ManualNooter

You would have to go back to stock from autonooter 3, update to 1.2 via sideloading it from the B&N site, then do the manual nooter.  I had never autonooted before, but from what I have read the manual nooting process isn't any more difficult than autonooting.  I love my rooted NC, and if I can do it, anybody can!

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: A Question about a Path to go from 1.1/AutoNooter 3 to 1.2/ManualNooter

My advice (and I ate my own cooking here, over the weekend for me, last night for She Who Must Be Pleased) is to do it this way:

- install Titanium

- do the most complete batch backup with Titanium that you can. 

- make a CWR disk

- add the  stock recovery image (to 1.0.1) to that

- reboot from CWR

- format /system, /data, /cache

- install 1.0.1

- boot

- skip out of box experience - your backups witll be a bitch to restore if you reregister

your device, but you need your device to be able to connect to your PC so you can drop

a file on it

- drop the 1.2 update onto your now-stock 1.0.1 device

- let your device go to sleep and update

- copy both the manual nooter and the Ham And Cheese app installer patch to your CWR

disk. 

- if your device tries again to register on restart wtih 1.2, skip OOBE again.

- restart from teh CWR card. 

- root and apply the app install patch

- boot and get the Market working so you can install Titanium

- restore your backup

- reboot.

Once you reboot, you should be registered again, your content should be there,

your old wifi settings should be preserved.

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.