Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader 2
TW2011
0 Kudos

After update - won't charge?

My cable is orange when it is plugged in - but it is not charging. In Device Info it says "not charging" so it is not discharging, but definitely not charging. I downloaded the update via my laptop and transferred it to the nook via the nook cable. The USB port has been a little "wonky" always....

Anyone else having this problem with not charging??

DeanGibson
Topics: 93
Kudos: 2,273
0 Kudos

Re: After update - won't charge?

[ Edited ]

Is the USB cable connected to your computer or to the power adapter?

Nooks: 2 Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted;
    2 HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 (Android 4.0.4) rooted
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0": Android 4.2.2 rooted
LG G3 & G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2 rooted; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Inspired Correspondent
leday
0 Kudos

I have mine plugged into an outlet on my BackUPS unit at my desk  at this moment and it is charging as usual. Check your connections.  Maybe there is something going on there.

The road goes ever on.....
Inspired Contributor
Badmamajama
0 Kudos

If your NC is connected to your laptop via the USB cable, it will still not charge even though you updated to ver 1.2.0. This is because the USB cable has 2 pins used exclusively with the adapter that came with the NC. You must connect it to the charging adapter.

If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Ramblings of the Engineer, Easycool
Reader 2
TW2011
0 Kudos

NC power adapter

DeanGibson wrote:

Is the USB cable connected to your computer or to the power adapter?

Contributor
gtt1
0 Kudos

TW2011 wrote:

My cable is orange when it is plugged in - but it is not charging. In Device Info it says "not charging" so it is not discharging, but definitely not charging. I downloaded the update via my laptop and transferred it to the nook via the nook cable. The USB port has been a little "wonky" always....

Anyone else having this problem with not charging??

I charge mine on my PC as I lost the wall adapter. It always says not charging but it does eventually change from orange to green. I leave mine overnight but have had it fully charged from a warning after plugging in at 12.30 a.m. and unplugging it at just after 7.00 a.m. so for sure over 80% charge in under 7 hrs. Don't intend to get up any earlier to see how fast it can charge on the PC