Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
rbentley101
0 Kudos

Amazon Getting Exclusive App Deals

[ Edited ]

It appears that Amazon is negotiating exclusive deals to have certain apps available in its store first and for a limited exclusive time period.  The first deal has been struck with PopCap which makes Peggle and Plants vs. Zombies.

http://news.cnet.com/popcap-games-and-amazon-get-exclusive/8301-17938_105-20063690-1.html?tag=cnetRi...

Frequent Contributor
knit1cat2

Re: Amazon Getting Exclusive App Deals

And dont forget the bejeweled games!
Inspired Wordsmith
TigerShawk

Curses.  Most of their games would have been great on NC.  I'm sure B&N has secured some great exclusives of their own, like "Our Development Program is Secret", and "Lag Fest"

Distinguished Wordsmith
PeterDe
0 Kudos

TigerShawk wrote:

Curses.  Most of their games would have been great on NC.  I'm sure B&N has secured some great exclusives of their own, like "Our Development Program is Secret", and "Lag Fest"

You made me chuckle, for that you get a laurel.

Some people can't see the forest for the trees!

4 Nook Household, 2 NOOKs, 2 NOOKcolors
Contributor
patent_girl
0 Kudos

Aces Jewel Hunt (an app already on NC) is almost exactly like Bejeweled . . . at least as I remember it from my old Palm m500

Frequent Contributor
ridgrnr
0 Kudos

FWIW, Amazon may have an exclusive with PopCap but since their games don't work on tablets, it is no big deal to NC owners.

Distinguished Wordsmith
rbentley101
0 Kudos

ridgrnr wrote:

FWIW, Amazon may have an exclusive with PopCap but since their games don't work on tablets, it is no big deal to NC owners.

What do you base that on?  Their first and only release so far on Android is Chuzzle which was a free offering on Amazon yesterday.  I downloaded it on my NC and it runs fine on the NC.

Frequent Contributor
DJ_Boxer
0 Kudos

rbentley101 wrote:

ridgrnr wrote:

What do you base that on?  Their first and only release so far on Android is Chuzzle which was a free offering on Amazon yesterday.  I downloaded it on my NC and it runs fine on the NC.

Are you rooted?  Because, the only way to get the Amazon Appstore is to root. 

DJ

Inspired Contributor
jimmy1
0 Kudos

Chuzzle works just fine on my NC. 

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Running MIUI 2.4.6
Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

DJ_Boxer wrote:

rbentley101 wrote:

ridgrnr wrote:

Are you rooted?  Because, the only way to get the Amazon Appstore is to root. 

DJ

Then it seems you have your answer...

Frequent Contributor
ridgrnr
0 Kudos

rbentley101 wrote:

From the first line in the Chuzzle description: "Not compatible with tablets." Since it wasn't  something I was interested in, I didn't try it. But I assumed if a developer states up front that it's not compatible with tablets, they would know what they're talking about. If they don't, makes me wonder what other screw-ups might be lurking under the hood.

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

Drat! I love Popcap Games! I had Peggle on my ipod it's fun.

Wordsmith
Droiddict
0 Kudos

The Amazon App store free app is fireworks for your wallpaper!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NPELDA?ie=UTF8&ref=mas_faad

I just installed it on my Nook Color and it is nice enough to keep for the 4th.