Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Sardonicus

Re: Any suggestions for the Satanic Bible?

[ Edited ]

phoneboy wrote:

Nevermore, Cant you just brew up a potion that keeps people from joining discussion just to say dont want the discussion to be here? 

:smileyvery-happy: Good luck wid dat!

No potion can do accomplish what you ask.:smileysad: 

Common sense comes from within. :smileyindifferent:

(An aside While everyone is beating up on Theriot Pub (oft an admirable pursuit :smileyhappy: ), take a look at his laurels v. posts statistics.  As of right now, it's at 243/416. 

I don't know if that is more properly viewed as a ratio, percentage, or irrelevancy.  Maybe it means something - or maybe it means nothing at all.  At the very least, it shows that not everyone has an unfavorable view of his posts.)

The people who live in a golden age usually go around complaining how yellow everything looks.

- Randall Jarrell

Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1

phoneboy wrote:

Nevermore, Cant you just brew up a potion that keeps people from joining discussion just to say dont want the discussion to be here? 

:smileyvery-happy:

:smileytongue:

No, I think a few good knocks to the head would work better. :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

Oh no. My faith has not waned.  I rejoice in the Noodle.  I just seek to learn and understand others.  After all, how am I to know what is wrong if I don't read the other bibles.? 

Unlike many here, and a previous poster in this thread, I seek to educate myself about things I don't know about and then form an opinion. 

I don't simply form an opinion based upon preconceived notions although that does seem to be popular in these forums.

Does anybody know where i might pirate myself a free copy of decision points, and perhaps the audacity of hope? Same reason as above. Many thanks.
Contributor
sezwik
0 Kudos

It's always a pleasure to visit the forums.  :smileytongue:

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

sezwik wrote:

It's always a pleasure to visit the forums.  :smileytongue:

Yep, sometimes it is just like Forest Gump's box of chocolates.:smileytongue:

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully

Or sometimes its like family dollars box of laxitives, err i mean chocolates. :smileywink:
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe
Contributor
sezwik
0 Kudos

ZOMBully wrote:
Or sometimes its like family dollars box of laxitives, err i mean chocolates. :smileywink:

:smileyvery-happy:  I think I just spit Pepsi out of my nose.  lol

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT

sezwik wrote:

ZOMBully wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:  I think I just spit Pepsi out of my nose.  lol

Oh, stick around lots of unexpected spitting, choking and pp-ing around here.:smileyvery-happy:

Oops, ZOMBully added other stuff too.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully
0 Kudos

What can I say? Those laxitives are fast actin like tinactin! :smileywink:
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

Sardonicus wrote:

(An aside While everyone is beating up on Theriot Pub (oft an admirable pursuit :smileyhappy: ), take a look at his laurels v. posts statistics.  As of right now, it's at 243/416. 

I don't know if that is more properly viewed as a ratio, percentage, or irrelevancy.  Maybe it means something - or maybe it means nothing at all.  At the very least, it shows that not everyone has an unfavorable view of his posts.)

I'll be the whipping boy.  Get a switch.

Doing some quick number crunching of me versus the top 3 on the this board, the laurels vs posts (for alltime) is at:

62%     tp
58.6%  phoneboy
57%     Nallia

50.8%  riffrafff

Adding in all of the top ten:

127.7% richardwrite25
84.3%   Mark_OB1
79.6%   dparrothead1
75.1%   yocalif
62%      tp
58.6%   phoneboy
57%      Nallia
50.8%   riffrafff

47.8%   flyingtoastr
42.7%   mariel9898
39.9%   deemure

For the last 24 hours.... drumroll please......

:smileyhappy:  You love me, you really, really love me.  I like to thank the academy, the fans, B&N for lack of moderation and most of all, the troll army.  You always believed in me.  Thank you Flying Spaghetti Monster.  Thank you all.

Numbers don't lie, but the conclusions we draw from them often are lies.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I will proudly stand here, youll have to trust that i am indeed standing, and say you are one of my favorites on the forums, I oddly, well to others but not oddly to me, find myseld wanting to stand in ur corner, i hope you dont mind. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
jimmy1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

Sardonicus wrote:

I'll be the whipping boy.  Get a switch.

Doing some quick number crunching of me versus the top 3 on the this board, the laurels vs posts (for alltime) is at:

62%     tp
58.6%  phoneboy
57%     Nallia

50.8%  riffrafff

Adding in all of the top ten:

127.7% richardwrite25
84.3%   Mark_OB1
79.6%   dparrothead1
75.1%   yocalif
62%      tp
58.6%   phoneboy
57%      Nallia
50.8%   riffrafff

47.8%   flyingtoastr
42.7%   mariel9898
39.9%   deemure

For the last 24 hours.... drumroll please......

:smileyhappy:  You love me, you really, really love me.  I like to thank the academy, the fans, B&N for lack of moderation and most of all, the troll army.  You always believed in me.  Thank you Flying Spaghetti Monster.  Thank you all.

Numbers don't lie, but the conclusions we draw from them often are lies.

That's because all of those other people have gone away....you're the only one left.

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Running MIUI 2.4.6
DeanGibson
Topics: 93
Kudos: 2,273
0 Kudos

Kinda self-absorbed, I'd say ...

Nooks: 2 Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted;
    2 HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 (Android 4.0.4) rooted
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0": Android 4.2.2 rooted
LG G3 & G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2 rooted; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy
0 Kudos

chuck4prez wrote:

Does anybody know where i might pirate myself a free copy of decision points, and perhaps the audacity of hope? Same reason as above. Many thanks.

I don't think that that the OP was looking for a "pirated" copy.

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

beeyebickiebuy wrote:

chuck4prez wrote:

I don't think that that the OP was looking for a "pirated" copy.

I dont think he was looking for a copy at all. Nor am I. Meerly trying to add my own little dash of silliness.
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

pirating is strictly against the ToS of these forums.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez

Well then, my apologies.
Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully
0 Kudos

We just witnessed a miracle.
Contributor
DogDoc2
0 Kudos

With all of the interest in learning about others beliefs and points of view, I am interested to learn what position the Satanic Bible takes on interdigitation before marriage. Or any other bible for that matter.

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

ZOMBully wrote:
We just witnessed a miracle.

Praise the lord!

Can I git a hallelujah?!?

(Where that :rolleyes: icon when you need it?   Am I right?)

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.