Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
axios
0 Kudos

Re: Any suggestions for the Satanic Bible?

thats easy

do a Google search on the definition od satanic http://www.thefreedictionary.com/satanic http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satan

satanic [səˈtænɪk] now rarely, satanical

adj
1. of or relating to Satan
2. supremely evil or wicked; diabolic\

Sa·tan    /ˈseɪtn/ Show Spelled[seyt-n] Show IPA
–noun
the chief evil spirit; the great adversary of humanity; the devil.

Enjoy!
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

DogDoc2 wrote:

With all of the interest in learning about others beliefs and points of view, I am interested to learn what position the Satanic Bible takes on interdigitation before marriage. Or any other bible for that matter.

Thank you, I now have my work of the day!! :smileyhappy:

Sounds dirty though, so I refrain from using in public.

Dictionary has it but spell check blew a fuse.  

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

DogDoc2 wrote:

With all of the interest in learning about others beliefs and points of view, I am interested to learn what position the Satanic Bible takes on interdigitation before marriage. Or any other bible for that matter.

Hah, that brings back memories. I got suspended for a day back in high school for a t-shirt I made that said

"I believe in pre-marital interdigitation".

Dumb school dean. Even after I tried to explain it to him he wouldn't back down.

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Correspondent
wstewart
0 Kudos

riffrafff wrote:

ZOMBully wrote:
We just witnessed a miracle.

Praise the lord!

Can I git a hallelujah?!?

(Where that :rolleyes: icon when you need it?   Am I right?)

Only if I git cookies.

Bill

Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

DogDoc2 wrote:

Test post.

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

test.. can't get page 6 to display for me... get an error.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

Oh jesus joseph and mary it burns... get it off me like bad gonnorrea... please, please make it stop... I can't read the last 5 damn post and all it get is an error.

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • We're sorry, we could not complete your request. Our development team has been notified of this error.

Exception ID: 7003B58D

Please click the Back button on your browser.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Distinguished Correspondent
akaCat
0 Kudos

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

(though perhaps I could have been clearer about not wanting a pirated version... because the good spaghetti monster in the sky say to not steal.)

Hang on, I thought the FSM was all about the pirates? And don't pirates steal, or at least ... pirate?

I sense a contradiction in your religion, my good man.

(If he's not all about the pirates, then my apologies. I am not a follower of his noodliness, merely a fan.)

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

Still some bug that prevents people from reading beyond page 5.  Haters gotta hate.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

My main position on this whole thread is that it is in the completely wrong place.  There is a forum regarding books specifically.  Most likely any book information is best found there, be it Bible or book of the dead or biscuit recipes for all occasions. 

Some people have to start a riot, others must start The Riot.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

I hope you express that opinion as well in those other bible related thread then as well...  otherwise it's just hypocritical to mention it just in my thread.

Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder
0 Kudos

Looks like the Lord of The Underworld has regained control of this thread once again. Today is the first day I've seen it go past page 5 since Wednesday.

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

The demons at B&N decried they would have their forum software go fubar and not display posts on page 6.  Many people experienced this problem on this particular thread.

But now, the demons are back.    We are offering free rides in a handbasket. 

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

deemure wrote:

Some people have to start a riot, others must start The Riot.

You are very perceptive.  :smileywink:  Long live The Riot!

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

dparrothead1 wrote:

Dear Theroit_Publishing/Globaltech (or whomever you are now).

Please go away.  You are begining to become very boring and your baiting has grown very old.

There are two things I don't understand.

1.  Why anyone bothers to answer you.

2.  That I read this entire post.  That's two minutes of my life that I won't get back.

Please don't bother to respond to this post because I refuse to read it any further.  Just remember, you have already been banned once.....are you trying for twice?

dparrothead1 wrote:

Dear Theroit_Publishing/Globaltech (or whomever you are now).

Please go away.  You are begining to become very boring and your baiting has grown very old.

There are two things I don't understand.

1.  Why anyone bothers to answer you.

I don't know why peope respond to me... why did you?  Perhaps that will give you a clue to your question #1.

I think it's just because I have a shining personality and am popular. 

Perhaps it's because I make them/you think for a change instead of repeating a mantra you've been taught but you don't understand.

Perhaps I've highlighted the hipocrasy in these forum from so many posters. 

Perhaps I just like to stir the pot, especially when there are so many kettles of ill repute.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

I hope you express that opinion as well in those other bible related thread then as well...  otherwise it's just hypocritical to mention it just in my thread.

My point was more directed at those complaining about this thread than at you for posting it.  I should have perhaps said that if there is any complaint than it should only be that it was not posted where it more rightly belongs.  I only meant that the topic matters little.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
New User
Deadline
0 Kudos

I  appologize for digging up a two week old post, but I believe I can be of service here.

As of this date, according to the powers that be at the CoS, there is currently no authorized digital copy of TSB.  It's anyone's guess as to why a book that is 42 years old isn't available in any format but print, given both the author's stance on adopting new technology as well as the Church's.   Most of us own multiple copies of the TSB, and as such don't feel particularly guilty for possessing unauthorized digital editions. 

As to the question of premarital "interdigitation" as long as the person being "digitated" is of legal age and a consenting party, the Church doesn't care where you put your fingers.

As an active member of the CoS, I found this thread to be highly amusing. 

-W-

Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy
0 Kudos

You know, latching onto a copy of that satanic bible might be a wise thing to do, as the world is supposed to end tomorrow.

Could someone with a direct pipeline to those in charge of this please submit a request that this not occur until after 10:00 PM central time.  The New York Red Bulls wil be in town and I would like to see Henry, Marquez, DeRosario, and company play one last time.

Thanks a lot. 

Wordsmith
kingskidjan
0 Kudos

beeyebickiebuy wrote:

You know, latching onto a copy of that satanic bible might be a wise thing to do, as the world is supposed to end tomorrow.

Could someone with a direct pipeline to those in charge of this please submit a request that this not occur until after 10:00 PM central time.  The New York Red Bulls wil be in town and I would like to see Henry, Marquez, DeRosario, and company play one last time.

Thanks a lot. 

My daughter told me the same thing.  I told her "they just had to choose a weekend."  I remember in the '50 when someone came to the door and told my mom the world was coming to an end.  It is nice to be able to plan ahead. :smileytongue:

Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

kingskidjan wrote:

My daughter told me the same thing.  I told her "they just had to choose a weekend."  I remember in the '50 when someone came to the door and told my mom the world was coming to an end.  It is nice to be able to plan ahead. :smileytongue:

I would think that they would select a Monday so that they could get a large turnout at church the day before.