Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

Any suggestions for the Satanic Bible?

I'm looking for a good copy of Anton La Vey's Satanic Bible but it seems it's not offered on the Nook yet as an ebook.

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting a copy of this from any other source?

Many thanks,

xoxox,

TP

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

Re: Any suggestions for the Satanic Bible?

Are you really that bored? Lol
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

I simply have no idea what you are talking about. 

I'm just looking for a book.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Well then, i have no clue as to where you mite find the book you seek. Does this mean you faith in the pasta god is waning or are you just searching your soul? :smileyhappy:
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Contributor
Cr8z13

[ Edited ]
Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I've just lost all respect for you.

:smileyindifferent: 

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I feel a headache coming on.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

I'm sorry I wasn't clear (it's apparantly my mea culpa).

I was looking for a legal version because, um.. pirating is like bad.. and stuff and puts gaffers out of work.. or at least that's what hte Mafiaa told me.

I just want a legal version to download.  Any help?  I really want to read it.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

[ Edited ]

Oh no. My faith has not waned.  I rejoice in the Noodle.  I just seek to learn and understand others.  After all, how am I to know what is wrong if I don't read the other bibles.? 

Unlike many here, and a previous poster in this thread, I seek to educate myself about things I don't know about and then form an opinion. 

I don't simply form an opinion based upon preconceived notions although that does seem to be popular in these forums.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

[ Edited ]

richardwrite25 wrote:

I've just lost all respect for you.

Richard, it's impolite to tell someone you lost respect for them just because they provided a link to a site that has it. 

I appreciate the link and will likely reference it till an official copy is available.  OH NOES.. is it pirating if i just find it on the interwebs?!?

Sometimes I just don't understand this new-fangled technology.  The microphone still mystifies me.

Inspired Contributor
Serolf_Divad

[ Edited ]

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

I'm sorry I wasn't clear (it's apparantly my mea culpa).

I was looking for a legal version because, um.. pirating is like bad.. and stuff and puts gaffers out of work.. or at least that's what hte Mafiaa told me.

I just want a legal version to download.  Any help?  I really want to read it.

Yeah, wouldn't want to steal the Satanic Bible because that would be... er... wrong?

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI

Maybe i am not as sophisticated and tech savvy as others, but it does seem to me that if one wanted to find a book, google would be a first choice. Another option would be to go to a subject specific site to find friends who have similar interests.
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

schatzieWI wrote:
Maybe i am not as sophisticated and tech savvy as others, but it does seem to me that if one wanted to find a book, google would be a first choice. Another option would be to go to a subject specific site to find friends who have similar interests.

Bingo

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

[ Edited ]

Doreenpv wrote:

schatzieWI wrote:

Bingo

I isn't stupids.  I checkered the other sites but nobody has a legal link.  

I thought I could come to a book forum to find information on a book.  Perhaps I was wrong to think that people here could help.

This is kinda like telling everybody with any question whatsoever to go google it.

If you can't be part of the solution, at least don't be part of the problem.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme

Oddly enough I find this thread hilarious :smileyvery-happy:

Wordsmith
mariel9898

Jenniisme wrote:

Oddly enough I find this thread hilarious :smileyvery-happy:

At the moment so do I. We'll see what happens in the next few hours.

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25

Actually, the "lost all respect for you" comment was meant for the person asking to read the Satanic Bible, not the one providing the link......and was only half-serious.

Would it be an appropriate comment to tell someone, when they ask where to find the Satanic Bible, "Go to hell"   ?

After all, isn't it an accurate response? 

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

This isn't hilarious, it's the same old stupid stuff that has been popping up here periodically since this board began.
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

richardwrite25 wrote:

Would it be an appropriate comment to tell someone, when they ask where to find the Satanic Bible, "Go to hell"   ?

After all, isn't it an accurate response? 

While not in the vein of what desired, I do believe that qualifies as a valid response to the OP's question.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

schatzieWI wrote:
This isn't hilarious, it's the same old stupid stuff that has been popping up here periodically since this board began.

How dare you call this thread stupid.  The person is just looking for a book.  If you can't help, just stay the 'hell' out.

How many threads are there asking about the KJV bible or the NSV bible?  You realize you are calling those stoopid too, right?