Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
mjs_28s
0 Kudos

Any updates on when Textbooks can be view on Nook Tablets?

So, after wasting $250 on a Nook Tablet that I only bought for text books, I now find out that there is currently no way to read text books on the Tablet or Color.

Aside from asking WTF, I see on various blogs and here that they have been "working" on it for most of this year. ANY updates to this? As of now I only have time to read college text books so I have a paper weight.

According to one of the FAQs that I found they claim it is because text books don't view well on the small screen, which is clearly a garbage excuse. I view a technical mathematics book that I have in PDF format on the Nook (about 15 minutes after I got it home) and everything looks great. I mean we can pan, zoom as needed or view the book in landscape mode. Additionally, if text books are hard to read on the small screen then why do they have magazine subscriptions? Magazines are the same paper size as text books and are a mix of graphics and text.

Is this B&Ns way of pushing people to hack their DRM?

I mean come one.

FYI when I bought the thing tonight I even mentioned to the sales guy, who was apparently poorly trained, that I was excited about using the tablet for my textbooks. Not a peep out of him!