Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya

Re: Anyone else getting bumped off this site?

Sardonic wrote:
This sucks, I hope it's not someone's idea of an upgrade. The forum was working fine.

I theorize that it's a Lithium issue because I use two other Lithium forums, both of which were also wonky today. 

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

This has been happening for the past couple of days.

Before then, when I logged into my B&N account, I was automatically logged in on the boards. Now, I have to log into my account. Then go to the boards, and log in again. And I get logged off just about every hour or so. Not from my account, only from the boards. So, I don't realize I'm logged off, until I see that there are however many tens of thousands of new comments.Sigh.

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

Gosh, I figured it was me and the lithium I missed........bad self........ I think.............log in........sign off.......What??
Wordsmith
DrWho453
0 Kudos

I wish they would fix whatever it is they are doing. Getting tired of having to log in. I think this is the 8th time I have had to log in since this started. I logged in twice this morning once on the NC and again on the Laptop which I am typing on now.

"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall
Inspired Correspondent
ladytonya
0 Kudos

I was logged in on my Nook Color last night right before I went to bed. NC went to sleep, woke it up this morning and had to log back in. Got to work and brought up the browser, had to log back in here too. It's been doing this for a few days now and it's getting old!  I'm shown as logged in to my B&N account as it says Welcome, Tonya at the top, but when I go into the forums I'm not logged in.  Of course, if I didn't have to come here 10 times a day to check and see if I've missed the upgrade, it wouldn't be an issue!  :smileywink:

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

I have to add that beeing able to stay logged in is not the norm. We have been spoiled.

Most forum sites will drop you after a certain amount of idle time.

Mite be how it works here moving fwd.

They just need to stop dumping me when I AM active  :smileymad:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,358
0 Kudos

ladytonya wrote:

...Of course, if I didn't have to come here 10 times a day to check and see if I've missed the upgrade, it wouldn't be an issue!  :smileywink:

You don't!  Just go here:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nookcolor-support-software-update/379002520/?cds2Pid=35607

and you don't even need to be signed in.  Put that link in your FavLinks bar in your browser, and you can check it with one click all day long.

- Mark

Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19
0 Kudos

a
Inspired Correspondent
pen_name19
0 Kudos

got bumped off again; signing in w/ password doesn't help; need to post something; what a drag;

Wordsmith
DrWho453
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

pen_name19 wrote:

got bumped off again; signing in w/ password doesn't help; need to post something; what a drag;

Stupid nc. I hit post by accident before i entered anything. I think the admins are tired of us, so they keep kicking us out. :smileywink: I don't know what the problem is but it needs to be fixed. This is getting annoying. I know some forums will eventually log you out after a period of inactive time. But this is overdoing it.
"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall