Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Anyone else getting bumped off this site?

I have gotten bumped off about 6 times since around 5pm yesturday.

Flashbacks to the days when Dialup ISPs used to drop people to avoid the the "Busy signal" complaints.  :smileysurprised:

They could blame the drop offs on the local phone companies.

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else getting bumped off this site?

Meaning, you had to log in again?  Yeah, a couple or three times. 

Sysadmins gettin' ready for the super-duper update!  :smileywink:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
phoneboy
0 Kudos

riffrafff wrote:

Meaning, you had to log in again?  Yeah, a couple or three times. 

Sysadmins gettin' ready for the super-duper update!  :smileywink:

I wouldn't think the update would be on the same server.

I'm betting the B&N community is getting slamed overloading the system. 

Eh, part of the interweb experience. :smileywink:

Wordsmith
DrWho453
0 Kudos

Yep, it happened to me twice yesterday and then again just now. Yesterday I thought it was something I did because I was going back and forth between the my NC and my Laptop so I figured I must have done something to log me out. Glad to know I wasn't the only one having this problem.

It took me a little bit to find out that I was not logged in. I don't normally pay attention to the sign in portion at the top and so when I saw that one of the posts had 112 new repsonses since I looked at it last night, I thought good greif that is a lot of repsonses since I last looked at it around 11:30 last night.

I also so another post that I thought I had repsonded too and it was not showing that I had responded to it but my post was there. I then checked and saw that I was not logged in anymore.:smileymad:

"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall
phoneboy
0 Kudos

I will add the question... How often do you log in, go to a discussion and realize your STILL not signed in even though the  Welcome, {your name here} (Sign out) is at the top of the page?  I have to reload page sev times to get it to agree that I AM signed in.  :smileymad:

** My NC did not even show the "sign in" link under the B&N Community for a cpl hours**

Whew. I need to go rinse the sand out  :smileytongue:

Wordsmith
alliecatTX
0 Kudos

Re: Anyone else getting bumped off this site

The whole site's been strange for a couple of days.  The Board Options menu keeps coming and going, and I give up trying to get it to display the way I like.  Just hoping they straighten it out soon, 'cause I'll be a wreck if I don't get my NC board fix every day!

Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

For about a week I have had problems signing in.   Have had to sign in twice to get access to post on the Board.  I have also been dropped after signing in a few times in the past couple of days.  Thought it was my computer, so good to hear others are having problems, too.

Inspired Correspondent
RodneyJT
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:

I will add the question... How often do you log in, go to a discussion and realize your STILL not signed in even though the  Welcome, {your name here} (Sign out) is at the top of the page?  I have to reload page sev times to get it to agree that I AM signed in.  :smileymad:

** My NC did not even show the "sign in" link under the B&N Community for a cpl hours**

Whew. I need to go rinse the sand out  :smileytongue:

I've been having the same thing happen to me.Took me a moment to realize. Then the Login didn't appear right away. Had to switch modes from mobile to desktop browsing on the nookcolor to login again.

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

Happened to me just Now! What up with That?
Wordsmith
kingskidjan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Any one notice an administrator answered the thread about the color connectivity Problem? They do Exist!

I have had to log in several times. If you look at the guests vs... Members right now, 1:15CT you see 444 guests vs.. 88 Members, so my guess is a lot of Members don't realize they aren't signed in. Definitely some server work going in.

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Systems acting all wonky...same thing happened with the 1.1 update on the color & the 1.5 on the classic.

Maybe they're gearing up for the big day?

It's annoying though because I KNOW I am logged in and still says I am not logged into the forum.

BTW: top of my screen says *Holiday Sale & After holiday sale* with HOLLY as a garnish!

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

No probs so far for me. I would love to think that it has something to do with the update, but I know that's not possible.

phoneboy

Its possible they are trying to set up a timeout and its acting flakey.

I still dont see the update residng on the same server as this forum.

JMHO

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved

No, but I can't give anyone laurels. I tried a few times and nothing. Is there a reason for that other than the site is acting up?

Inspired Correspondent
ladytonya
0 Kudos

Every time I close my browser, I have to log back in. I never had to do this before and it's getting annoying!  This has been happening since yesterday for me, though. 

I do agree with those who say the update would probably not reside on the same server. That would be crazy! Of course, this is B&N so who knows.......

phoneboy
0 Kudos

Also had a couple/few threads take me to page 2 instead of 1 even though there were only 3 new posts since last read??? 

Be gone demons....

Frequent Contributor
IamKat
0 Kudos

I haven't had that problem yet...... I'm hoping that there is an update in the works!
Inspired Contributor
Deadpoe
0 Kudos

Haven't really tried today but last night into the early morning nothing would shhow as read.  I tried everything but all the thrreads I read would still show the same number of unread mesages.

I thought maybe it was some setting change on my end since I didn't see anyone complaining about it. Good to know it's not my computer doing it. 

Wordsmith
alliecatTX
0 Kudos

Deadpoe wrote:

Haven't really tried today but last night into the early morning nothing would shhow as read.  I tried everything but all the thrreads I read would still show the same number of unread mesages.

I thought maybe it was some setting change on my end since I didn't see anyone complaining about it. Good to know it's not my computer doing it. 

I had exactly the same thing happening on and off last night and a bit earlier today.  Seems to be back to normal for now.

Distinguished Correspondent
Sardonic
0 Kudos

Yeah...this site is hosed...it says I'm logged in but I'm not. I can't tell which threads I've comments on...and it doesn't register that I've visited a thread and it moves old threads to the top based on most recent reply to my "refresh". I've logged on/off now numerous times. This sucks, I hope it's not someone's idea of an upgrade. The forum was working fine.