Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Bookworm8765MC
0 Kudos

App store not working again

What do i have to do to show the app's again?

Here in rainy seattle, good days are days that involve sitting by the window watching the rain fall outside with my nook color!
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: App store not working again

I can only get one page of apps. The More option does not work. I am on the phone with CS now.

Frequent Contributor
Bookworm8765MC
0 Kudos

ok let me know if they solve the problem and how.

Here in rainy seattle, good days are days that involve sitting by the window watching the rain fall outside with my nook color!
Distinguished Correspondent
DeeV
0 Kudos

I can't even get on the app store today...says there has been a problem and won't pull it up.

ekw
Contributor
ekw
0 Kudos

I am not able to purchase anything. I can see thing, but ability to buy is gone. Rebooted my nookcolor, and the problem is same. Unable to process orders.
TNTLamb
0 Kudos

They are updating it, was told it should be back soon.....................

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
Inspired Correspondent
OPDwife
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.  Maybe that is why we are all having some kind of issue right now

When I get a little money I buy books, if any is left, I buy food and clothes
Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I get an error message, too.

Hopefully they are fixing the bugs with the apps, such as icons turning to generic squares, etc!! :smileyhappy:

DaveAvl
0 Kudos

TNTLamb wrote:

They are updating it, was told it should be back soon.....................

Maybe they're adding some more apps... :smileyhappy:

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

I was just told by CS that it will take another 3 hrs (it's 2:15 EST now) they are currently working on the app server. I was old that once that is back running everything should work properly.

Inspired Correspondent
OPDwife
0 Kudos

I guess we actually have to read then!!   :smileyvery-happy: :smileywink:

When I get a little money I buy books, if any is left, I buy food and clothes
Correspondent
Dr_Mabooza
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I can get the first page of the B&N shop.  I couldn't even get to see details of a book. "Service Unavailable".  Clicking on the "see all" for the lil' App Store blurb got me the framework of the App Store (along w/ its own Grey Spinning Wheel of Doom) and then the koan "A Problem Occurred. Sorry, a problem has occurred - please try again. If you continue to receive this error, please visit http://nookcolor.com/support for help." And a lotta good that's gonna do!

This process, which took all of 2 minutes, dropped my battery level down three per cent. That is not good.

Inspired Correspondent
ladytonya
0 Kudos

I shoulda come here first!  I was in an online chat with customer service with a problem and they told me to do a hard reset.  Now I can't do anything!  I can't even re-register the stupid thing because their servers are down. So frustrated with Barnes and Noble right now I could absolutely scream!

Contributor
Arya_Stark
0 Kudos

Well at least i'm not the only one having troubles with the store.
Frequent Contributor
Bookworm8765MC
0 Kudos

ok, lets hope they get it up soon! im sick right now so ive been using my NC all day today...been reading most of the day but now i want to play some apps :smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
Guyon
0 Kudos

Bookworm8765MC wrote:

ok, lets hope they get it up soon! im sick right now so ive been using my NC all day today...been reading most of the day but now i want to play some apps :smileytongue:

Hope you feel better soon....

MkR
Contributor
MkR
0 Kudos

Same issues here, it is 4:15 EST and still no luck. I tried resetting my wireless router etc to no avail.

-M
Frequent Contributor
cherryblossommj
0 Kudos

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. 4:09 CST (5:09 EST) here and constantly told the same thing on the screen. No connectivity and to check out the support page.

-- I wish that the support page used keywords and would link to forum posts like these. I was feeling really confused until I were to the boards to search myself!

Inspired Correspondent
FredOak3
0 Kudos

It's related to the reset/registration issue, my guess is the entire B&N network and servers are FUPA for the time being until they figure it out because their systems are talking to each other or our units

New User
drzip
0 Kudos

is the store not working again ?