Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Nicksmom
0 Kudos

April's 99 cent ebook

Hi,

I just purchased my Nook Color last Sunday.  I would like to download the April 99 cent book but when I click on the promo for 99 cents nothing happens.  If instead I click on the same book where it is listed for 9.99, a pop up appears stating I will be charged 9.99.  If I click on this link will I be charged 99 cents or 9.99?

thanks for your help.

Nancy

Frequent Contributor
denchie
0 Kudos

Re: April's 99 cent ebook

I got this message when I tried to purchase it.

"We are sorry...

Our system is temporarily unavailable due to routine maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience during this outage and expect our systems to return shortly. Thank you for your patience."

Maybe the price would update once the routine maintenance is over. Not sure though.

Wordsmith
kingskidjan
0 Kudos

Are you in your Nook shop or the Website? I don't have the April feature there yet because of free Friday. March's Wicked Lovely is in steals and deals for 99 cents. If it says 9.99 and you confirm, that is probably what you will be charged. A lot of your internet sites will amp up security-aka maintenance- today because of April Fools day, so be patient.
Reader
Nicksmom
0 Kudos

The link has been fixed.  I was able to purchase the book for 99 cents.  thanks for your advice.

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

Nicksmom wrote:

The link has been fixed.  I was able to purchase the book for 99 cents.  thanks for your advice.

Me, too!  :smileyhappy:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.