Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
karcher70
0 Kudos

Arranging books on the home screen

In the Nook Color picture, they show books that are placed diagonally and overlapping. Question - how to I turn the book to be diagonal on the home screen? The only thing I can make each book icon do is become bigger or smaller, or move it around. I have the latest SW load.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

Re: Arranging books on the home screen

You cant. Its a picture of overlapping books used as wallpaper.

That has been causing confusion sine the NC came out...LOL

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Distinguished Scribe
normysmom
0 Kudos

@phoneboy: Did you notice that the graphic for the Nook Tablet has magazine covers displayed that way, too! Haaaahaaaahaaaa! I wonder if someone in their marketing/graphics department reads these boards and just likes to mess with newbies! Maybe it is an inside joke by now?
Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
Wordsmith
Droiddict
0 Kudos

Maybe they should just include that image as one of the wallpaper options?

Contributor
karcher70
0 Kudos

It's so not a big deal, but that's kind of misleading.

Wordsmith
Droiddict
0 Kudos

karcher70 wrote:

It's so not a big deal, but that's kind of misleading.

You aren't the first one to complain about the license taken with the marketing for the Nook Color but, honestly, what's the use in being able to spread them out like the images that they show?  You can stack books if you want.  You just can't spread them out at an angle.  I far prefer the Nook Color homepage to the Kindle Fire where you don't have control of what shows up in those carousels (AFAIK). I like being able to put books and aps where I want them or just using the wallpaper that I want and keeping aps and books off the homepage.  The shelf at the bottom is always a good place to store current books.