Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
kimberlyim2
0 Kudos

Barnes & Noble and Pandigital android update

Barnes & Noble and Pandigital are proud to announce the addition of ANDROID ™ Media Tablet Functionality to the Pandigital Novel family of Color Multimedia eReaders.

In addition to the new and improved User Interface, you'll be able to enjoy these powerful features:

•An intuitive eReader application with instant access to premium books, magazines and newspapers.
 •Easy access to additional ANDROID™ Apps.
 •Increased productivity with Office Suite reader and the ability to open documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more.

OK now where is the NC update?

Frequent Contributor
Moonchild54
0 Kudos

Re: Barnes & Noble and Pandigital android update

Yeah I got that email this morning.It's making me nuts!!!!!When will it be our turn!

Contributor
BuckUp
0 Kudos

Been looking for it for 5 months and it hasen't happened yet.  Sorta doubt that it will.  Thinking it is just a ploy to get folks to buy the NC.

the Doc, ;-{}

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

BuckUp wrote:

Been looking for it for 5 months and it hasen't happened yet.  Sorta doubt that it will.  Thinking it is just a ploy to get folks to buy the NC.

the Doc, ;-{}

There's been two updates for the NC in the last five months.

You might want to sideload them, if you haven't been getting 'em.   :smileywink:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

http://www.pandigital.net/android

Am I reading this right.. and Pandigital got the UPGRADE and Market FIRST ????

What the heck is that when all the B&N people have been waiting for ages ...

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

crenita wrote:

http://www.pandigital.net/android

Am I reading this right.. and Pandigital got the UPGRADE and Market FIRST ????

What the heck is that when all the B&N people have been waiting for ages ...

I would think this is most likely due to the tech support at pandigital working with B&N, which powers the store for them.  This most likely is not something B&N worked on and installed for them at all since it really appears that B&N powers the bookstore and not the device.  Pandigital updated that device, not B&N.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Frequent Contributor
ratman6161
0 Kudos

Pandigital has a reputaion for cheap knockoff crap.  Remember pretty much any Android device can run the Nook app for Android.  So this is probably just the usual crap machine with the Nook app on it.

Correspondent
julianka

Pandigital got this update at the end of March, it isn't new though BN just started sending this email out yesterday.  It's NOT Market, it has a limited app store called Slide or something.  The Pandigital Novel has a horrible screen resolution, and it's resistive touch (which means you have to press hard to get it to respond.)  If you have a Nook Color, you're way better off even though we don't have our update yet, trust me. :smileyhappy: