Wordsmith
CraigAZ
0 Kudos

CM7 Battery life

Greetings again,

I run my NC with CM7 (7.0.3) from a SD card. I find that with wifi turned off, when asleep I'm still depleting my battery by 1%/hour.

I gather that this is a known issue with CM7 since CM7 prevents a genuine "sleep" mode and with luck, future updates may allow real sleep with CM7 and therefore, a longer battery life. I've also found that apps like SetCPU are not being recommended for use with CM7 for now.

The question is--is a 1%/hr battery use in "sleep" normal for CM7 with wifi off? Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
Vegas771
0 Kudos

Re: CM7 Battery life

Not trying to hijack your thread, but can you tell me what type/class micro sd card you are running CM7 on?  I tried it with the Sandisk 8gb card I have and it was horribly slow.  The card itself works fine for files & such on stock rooted 1.2.

Thanks!

Wordsmith
CraigAZ
0 Kudos

Vegas771 wrote:

Not trying to hijack your thread, but can you tell me what type/class micro sd card you are running CM7 on?  I tried it with the Sandisk 8gb card I have and it was horribly slow.  The card itself works fine for files & such on stock rooted 1.2.

Thanks!

It's a Sandisk 8GB Class 4. It seems peppy to me.

Contributor
henhowc
0 Kudos

CraigAZ wrote:

Greetings again,

I run my NC with CM7 (7.0.3) from a SD card. I find that with wifi turned off, when asleep I'm still depleting my battery by 1%/hour.

I gather that this is a known issue with CM7 since CM7 prevents a genuine "sleep" mode and with luck, future updates may allow real sleep with CM7 and therefore, a longer battery life. I've also found that apps like SetCPU are not being recommended for use with CM7 for now.

The question is--is a 1%/hr battery use in "sleep" normal for CM7 with wifi off? Thanks.

CraigAZ wrote:

Greetings again,

Nope. Stock 1.2 does not do this. Check out this xda thread. 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1083920