Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Crawson1
0 Kudos

Can I Name My NookColor?

I have both Nook Classic and NookColor.  The Classic has a place in settings where you can name your Nook.  I couldn't find any such setting on the Color.  Am I just missing it?

Thanks

Inspired Contributor
KnitGirlinIdaho
0 Kudos

Re: Can I Name My NookColor?

Nope...there isn't a setting to name you NC like the classic nook.

Frequent Contributor
Crawson1
0 Kudos

thanks

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

I was wondering if a possible firmware update may add that feature.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

I named mine Nookums.

But it doesn't come when I call.

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Distinguished Correspondent
Hermes737
0 Kudos

riffrafff wrote:

I named mine Nookums.

But it doesn't come when I call.

I was thinking....Rover? Spot? Little NC (think like rapper-ish Bow Wow)? All kinds of possibiltiies. Can I also get my NC to salute me when I wake it from sleep? What about flashing me some gang signs or a secret handshake? Just exploring the possibilities...:smileytongue:

I was thinking of a domain name to register: www.firmwarefantasies.com

CURRENTLY READING - Heretics of Dune by Frank Herbert
Contributor
SamanthaDP

NO!

You can not name your Nookcolor.  You can not name your refrigerator, your toaster, or your bong.

What is wrong with you people?!

:smileysurprised:

Contributor
Zaihaku
0 Kudos

I name all my electronics. Kinda sad NC doesn't have that option...

Mine is Harvey :smileyhappy:

New User
kookynooky
0 Kudos

apparently you don't love your nookcolor as much as I love mine!

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

@ kookynooky: I agree with You! I love my Nookcolor! By the way I really like your user name, its Great! I love my nookcolor more than my toaster, coffee maker, ect.
Correspondent
julianka
0 Kudos

You can name it "unofficially" by changing the name of the drive when it's plugged into your PC.  In Windows in Computer or My Computer, it will have "Nook Color" next to the drive letter.  You can change that to anything you want.  Windows will remember it and always show that as the name of your NC when you plug it into the USB port, but the name won't show up anywhere on the NC itself.

Wordsmith
jeanniepep

I'm going to name mine "Pancreas" because I can't live without it!

Nookycooky
0 Kudos

My NC is named Oliver. :smileyhappy:

I did not name my toaster or my fridge...thanks for reminding me.  I feel just terrible about neglecting them! ( I'm thinking Tommy Toaster and Freddy Fridge?)

I call my husband's Honda 'Carmichael'...guess why.  My car?  'Bluebelle'.  (guess why)

Nookycooky

All charged up and ready to go...my Nook's are too....
Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

Nookycooky wrote:
My car?  'Bluebelle'.  (guess why)

... you am like ice cream?

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Inspired Correspondent
ladytonya
0 Kudos

I have named every car I have ever owned. LOL!  I have never named my electronic devices, although I would often like to call them various notsonice names when they don't cooperate.......

Unfortunately, not only can you not name it, you apparently can't un-name it!  My hubby and I use the same BN account and even though it was under my email address, it had his name.  My store says Tim's Nook and it most definitely does not belong to Tim!  I spent many hours when I first got it trying to fix this to no avail, but I haven't tried anything since the 1.1 update. Hmm, maybe I'll go see if that little problem got fixed........

Nookycooky
0 Kudos

Buy another Nook and start over!:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Contributor
BayLido
0 Kudos

If you figure out how to do this, please post!! I have the same trouble and neither tech support nor anyone in the store has been able to resolve it for me.

Nookycooky
0 Kudos

BanB   No, I am not like ice cream...more like a carrot.  Guess why.:smileywink:

Nookycooky

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

@ladytonya, have you gone to your account Settings? You can change the name under personal info and that should change the store name.
Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80
0 Kudos

SamanthaDP wrote:

NO!

You can not name your Nookcolor.  You can not name your refrigerator, your toaster, or your bong.

What is wrong with you people?!

:smileysurprised:

Or your bong?  Interesting choice of words from someone that spent her three posts attacking people makes me wonder what are your habits? 

Perhaps during the next software update, that Nookcolor gets naming ability because the nook already has that.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.