Inspired Contributor
nookloverjf
0 Kudos

Can you beat this ?

I was in Walmart today and see that they are selling a Sandisk 16 gb mSD card with adaptor for $29.99. I think that is a pretty good deal. Does any one know of a better deal out there?
Frequent Contributor
Painterroy
0 Kudos

Re: Can you beat this ?

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

and a sandisk class 4 16 gig for 10.40

http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-16GB-MicroSDHC-Memory-Class/dp/B001F7AJKI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=13244...

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

Here's an amazon 32 micro for less than $16, but not for long.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-Flash-Memory-SDSDQM-016G/dp/B004G6002M?tag=dealswoot-20

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Contributor
SenorBlues
0 Kudos

Yesterday I picked up a SanDisk 16gb microSD card from Office Depot for $19.99.  http://tinyurl.com/7vzawdp   I stumbled across it in the store and was surprised to get one this cheap.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Senorblues points out a 19.99 retail Sandisk card @   http://tinyurl.com/7vzawdp  

The one caution on that particular card is that it's a class 2 rather than a class 4. 

Sandisk cards seem to do better than equivalently rated cards from other vendors, but be aware that a class 2 card would probably be fine for storing books, music, movies, etc. on but would probably be a rather slow card to use to install CM7 on, for those interested in rolling a CM7 install on a big card. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Distinguished Correspondent
Keystoneco
0 Kudos

Just FYI,

Our household has 2 NC's, one with a Sandisk 16 class 2 and one with a Sandisk 8 class 4 and I can't see any difference in speed, etc. both use the card to run dual boot CM7.1. I even did a CM7.1 card for a friend using a Micro Center off brand 4 class 4 and it works just as well.

Maybe your mileage may differ, but mine doesn't.  Maybe I'm just not a techie?

Happy Holidays!

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,312
0 Kudos

nookloverjf wrote:
I was in Walmart today and see that they are selling a Sandisk 16 gb mSD card with adaptor for $29.99. I think that is a pretty good deal. Does any one know of a better deal out there?

Check around for specials.  I bought two Sandisk 16GB class 4 cards (but without the adapters, of which I have several) for $15.99 each over the Black Friday weekend at Radio Shack.

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Frequent Contributor
ExNihilo
0 Kudos

I target a price of $1/gb (or less). For a NC you don't need the fastest rated microSD if you're only suing it to store content (books, magazines, etc.)

Inspired Contributor
nookloverjf
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone. A guy needs more space at a good price. Wow! There are some really great deals out there.