Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
xuni
0 Kudos

Charged for Nothing?

I have a question. I'm sure it's nothing, but the fact that I have a 2.99 pending transaction, compared to the usual.... what, 1$ I'm worried I'm going to be charged for whatever reason.

The only activity I've done recently on my nook color is lend a book to a new friend (first time doing so, too). Around that time a 2.99 pending transaction from B&N showed up. I'm guessing that's why. Will I actually be charged for this, or will it go away? I really don't have the money right now to be losing any...

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

Re: Charged for Nothing?

If you sign into your BN.com account and go to your order status you will be able to see what the pending charge is for. You won't have a pending charge for lending a book to someone.
Melissa19
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 517
0 Kudos

Hi xuni, please PM me with your account info(email address, serial number) and i'll look into this for you.

Thanks!

-Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
New User
xuni
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Melissa: I went to my order status and is says everything has been shipped. Last book I bought was in August, so it doesn't make sense why I'm suddenly being charged 3$ for something I have not bought. I know they've taken the exact total for each book in the past. I have no idea what's happening here :/

I contacted customer service; I don't know if that'll work/help but I can't afford to lose money for nothing right now.

Alex: Sorry, I'm new here... will you be able to help? I contacted customer service with the issue before I saw your reply. If they don't respond or help then I'll PM you like you said.

Also, the pending 2.99 went through. In the past I've had a dollar show up when placing an order, but it never goes through.