Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
tenagail

Clique ???

I personally prefer the term cult. It more accurately describes my fanatical devotion to my NC. I'll not tolerate any critisizem regarding my beloved device. My dedication knows no bounds. When The Update finally does come to my NC, I'll no doubt fall to the ground in a swoon of ecstasy. Fear not, my floors are all covered with pillows so that I will not get hurt when it happens. So please don't accuse me of clique type behavior since my NC is as vital to me as the very air I breathe. Who's with me? Sorry for my misspelled words, as you can tell, I'm out of control. Oh no here come the "white coats" looks like they have load of thorazine with my name on it.
Wordsmith
melouria

Re: Clique ???

I agree...my family is considering calling in someone to "deprogram" me.  My son asked if we were doing anything for Easter, getting together with family, etc. and I informed him that i don't know what he's doing for Easter but I'm gonna be playing with my updated NC!   Please, please, please!

Contributor
GoldenChild

I'm with You! I cannot live without my NC. Kids and fiance being ignored as I type this msg and surf the forum....from my NC: -)

Nook Color Wallpapers
tenagail

If ever I am deemed fit to rejoin society, I'll go straight to the shady side of town and get myself a tattoo saying Cult of the Nook. It will be in a 50 pt gothic font. I am not ashamed.

Correspondent
StarryNook

Not Cliques, but possibly Nook Culters. 

Remeber as a kid, you may have hid under the covers and used a flashlight to read a book in the middle of the night?  Well, I still do that...but now that I have my NC, I don't need the flashlight anymore.

NC is my drug of choice.

~The best things in life aren't things~
Distinguished Scribe
normysmom
0 Kudos

StarryNook wrote:

Not Cliques, but possibly Nook Culters. 

Remeber as a kid, you may have hid under the covers and used a flashlight to read a book in the middle of the night?  Well, I still do that...but now that I have my NC, I don't need the flashlight anymore.

NC is my drug of choice.

During our Christmas vacation, my daughter did not like to go up to bed by herself. So, I would go up with her and read in the dark with my NookColor under the sheet until she would fall asleep.

I am not sure if we should refer to our cult members as "Nook Culters" as those with poor spelling skills might mistake the word "culters" for "cultures" which could have unsavory comsequences. I do like the "Cult of Nook" title, though.

Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238

akaCat

Nallia wrote:

Where the heck are these cliques and why wasn't I told about them?!?!?!?!!!!!11111 

You weren't told? But... you're in charge of three of them! :smileyvery-happy:
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

Where the heck are these cliques and why wasn't I told about them?!?!?!?!!!!!11111 

You know what they say, "if you have to ask..."  Gosh, I feel like I'm back in high school.  When in doubt, blame cliques.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.