Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
fenderbender
0 Kudos

Comics on Nook Color

I know there are a few comic nuts out there besides me and I think we are all hoping for some kind of comic reader from the 1.4 update. But for those who cant wait, you can convert CBZ and CBR files to Epub through Calibre.

I'm sure there are plenty who already knew this but I just barely figured it out (kind of the story of my life :smileyhappy:

I know the the coming update will allow support for CBZ files but not sure about CBR.

Anyway, the converted files read beautifully on the NC. The only problem is that you cant increase the size at all. But if you play around with the conversion it might make it larger on the screen.

FB

Frequent Contributor
fenderbender
0 Kudos

Re: Comics on Nook Color

I should point that this only works for side loaded comic files that you already have

FB