Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Kyyrie
0 Kudos

Re: Curiouser and Epicuriouser

I am a previous epicurious app user as well that is very upset because I also did the update and now cannot use my app because of this problem that has been going on too long So what is the fix a nd when will it happen?
Contributor
Kyyrie
0 Kudos

I am a previous epicurious app user as well that is very upset because I also did the update and now cannot use my app because of this problem that has been going on too long So what is the fix a nd when will it happen?

Frequent Contributor
MIM49
0 Kudos

CS reached out--another slap in the face. I followed the instructions on the email exactly:deleted the broken app, received the code for the new one, it appeared on my NC--AND WILL NOT INSTALL!!! Archive/unarchive/etc--no go. I am angry about all the time I keep wasting over this.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Mim, have you tried doing the erase and deregister, or the hard reset the Nook Engineer has instructions for in the sticky up top of the Nook Color General forum (a little less aggressive that erase and deregister.)

I'm thinking that this update may require a hard reset or maybe a complete wipe before it can be installed, as apparently the old version is not properly uninstalled by the update.  It's frustating, but doesn't take as long as I'd expected it to.  If you back up your sideloaded content the process may be less painful than you might think (unless you have a lot of shelves.) 

I'm sorry for all the folks who don't even have a heads-up about the issue.  BN should have reached out by email on this by now -- it's not like they don't know what apps we've bought.  

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Frequent Contributor
MIM49
0 Kudos

I went ahead and did the deregister/reregister and now have Epicurious working. However it took all morning to get my books/shelves back and to redownload all my previous purchases. Plus entering all the addresses for all my favorite bookmarks. However I lost my wishlist of books I wanted to buy and read--I don't know why the wishlist on PC can't sync with NC like My Library does. Right now I have no warm fuzzy feelings for Barnes and Noble.

Contributor
Kyyrie
0 Kudos

Well I'm not going that route....sounds like a pain in the end.  Epicurious is not worth that work.....

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

You should go ahead and email CS and get refunded for the app, at least.

And let both BN and the Epicurious folks know that you are, in fact, giving up on the app, and why. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Contributor
Kyyrie
0 Kudos

Good News!  I downloaded the new update 1.3....and now my epicurious works!!  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
furyu
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I've been unable to update Epicurious, and just today found this thread about the problem.  I have not archived and then unarchived it as suggested by the program when the sync fails, and thus, my original app still works.

Am I to understand that in order to get the newest version, I will have to call CS to have the old app removed, and then repurchase it?  Also, if I understand the problem fully, and given the last post, that too won't work until the 1.3 update is installed, which I am not planning on sideloading, but will wait until it auto-loads, whenever that happens.

****Nevermind: I just checked my emails and two hours ago, BN sent an email explaining how to delete, archive, redeem and install the newest version.

Boy, talk about timing! 

Write to be understood, speak to be heard, read to grow...
~L.C.Powell

Inspired Correspondent
MusicmanGG
0 Kudos

I just recieved my e-mail and it worked without a hitch.

MC
Reader
MC
0 Kudos

Here is how you fix the EPI

Hi,

I just recieved this email from B&N, and it works.Your info will be in your email.

NOOKcolor(TM) by Barnes & Noble

Dear NOOK Apps(TM) and Epicurious customer:

To ensure you have the best possible experience with your Epicurious app
and continue enjoying thousands of recipes on your NOOK Color, we
encourage you to download the latest version by following these instructions:

1. Sign into your BN.com account on the web and remove the old Epicurious
app. Navigate to "My NOOK Library" and click the delete button next to
the Epicurious App. Then click "No, Permanently Delete" from the
confirmation window.

2. Archive the app on your NOOK Color by pressing and holding your finger
on the Epicurious app icon until the "Archive" option appears. Tap "Archive".

3. Click the link below to redeem your access code at no charge.(LINK is provied)

Enter your access code (number privided in email)  in the field at the bottom of
the page and then click "Add". The Epicurious app will now appear in
your NOOK library. Press the sync button in the Apps library on your
device to then populate the app onto your NOOK Color.

Sincerely,

NOOK Team

“Reading is a means of thinking with another person's mind; it forces you to stretch your own.” Charles Scribner, Jr.
New User
hornsfan
0 Kudos

Re: Here is how you fix the EPI

Have had the Epicurious app since it first came out for NC and started getting similar errors to those described in this section of posts/conversation thread but NEVER got any emails from BN customer service notifying me that there is a fix.  I've tried to archive/unarchive the app and don't really want to spend on the app a second time, I just want a working fix.  Is it too late since I never got this email everyone else who has the app seems to have gotten?

Distinguished Scribe
Schwa
0 Kudos

Re: Here is how you fix the EPI

Wouldn't hurt to call CS or send a PM to one of the mods here.  They should be able to see that you own the original version of Epi as proof.  I believe it was actually removed from the store and the current listing is a newer listing, not just version number.