Reply
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

 


riffrafff wrote:

I only have the one Windows machine, and only because work makes me use it gave it to me. :smileyhappy:

 

Dvdcat converted an mp4 I pulled off of youtube without issue, so I'm sure the problem exists with the DVD drive or something trying to access it at the same time. 

 

I'll track it down eventually.

 

I'll have to rip some vob files and see if it'll work from those, eliminate the drive from the equation.

 

 

Thanks for your help!

 

 


 

Do you have anything like AnyDVD/DVD43/Passkey running? While these programs often "help" DVD Catalyst, in some cases they can cause complications as well.

 

Safemode is also a good way to try and see if that works, however, some of these "helper" apps are a bit persistent.  DVD Cat can work in safe-mode though.

 

As for WMV movies from Windows Media Player, unless they are protected ("Digital Copies", Amazon Rentals etc) DVDCat can usually convert them.

Wordsmith
DrWho453
Posts: 211
Registered: ‎01-22-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

 


riffrafff wrote:

I'm running dvdcatalyst on a Lenovo T400 running XP Pro SP3, dual core 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM.  Tried three DVDs, they all fail.  Is there a log output somewhere for dvdcatalyst?  I'm sure it's getting interrupted by something on the OS.  I keep seeing an error window pop up, but it disappears way too fast to read.

 

 

 


 

Did you check the Event Viewer in windows to see if there was an error listed in the Application event section? Windows usually keeps track of system and application errors in the Event Viewer program. You can access this either through control panel or right clicking on Computer, selecting Manage and then clicking on the event viewer in the left hand column.

 

I don't know if that will help but I just thought I would throw it out there. I am running Vista on an HP Pavillion AMD 1.9GHz dual core and I have not had any problems converting Videos or DVD to nook. I have only done one DVD (Star Trek 2009) and it worked well. I love this program.

"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
Posts: 1,581
Registered: ‎12-27-2010
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

 


DrWho453 wrote:

 


riffrafff wrote:

I'm running dvdcatalyst on a Lenovo T400 running XP Pro SP3, dual core 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM.  Tried three DVDs, they all fail.  Is there a log output somewhere for dvdcatalyst?  I'm sure it's getting interrupted by something on the OS.  I keep seeing an error window pop up, but it disappears way too fast to read.

 

 

 


 

Did you check the Event Viewer in windows to see if there was an error listed in the Application event section? Windows usually keeps track of system and application errors in the Event Viewer program. You can access this either through control panel or right clicking on Computer, selecting Manage and then clicking on the event viewer in the left hand column.

 

I don't know if that will help but I just thought I would throw it out there. I am running Vista on an HP Pavillion AMD 1.9GHz dual core and I have not had any problems converting Videos or DVD to nook. I have only done one DVD (Star Trek 2009) and it worked well. I love this program.


 

Ah. yes!  The event viewer!  I keep forgetting about that.  D'oh! 

 

Sure enough, it caught the application errors:

 

 

Faulting application mencoder2.exe, version 0.0.9.0, faulting module mencoder2.exe, version 0.0.9.0, fault address 0x0021d1d7.
Faulting application mencoder2.exe, version 0.0.9.0, faulting module mencoder2.exe, version 0.0.9.0, fault address 0x001e1d8d.

 

 

 

Those two addresses, over and over.

 

 

Not that that tells me much, and I'm not finding anything good on the web...

 

 

 

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

It will not tell you anymore than that unfortunately,

 

 


dvdcatalyst wrote:

 

Do you have anything like AnyDVD/DVD43/Passkey running? While these programs often "help" DVD Catalyst, in some cases they can cause complications as well.

 

Safemode is also a good way to try and see if that works, however, some of these "helper" apps are a bit persistent.  DVD Cat can work in safe-mode though.

 


DRV
Wordsmith
DRV
Posts: 341
Registered: ‎10-22-2009
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

[ Edited ]

dvdcatalyst wrote:

Poor little piggies :smileyhappy:


Is this available on Android?

 

http://wmpoweruser.com/angry-at-the-birds/

 

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Alice in Wonderland (2010)

[ Edited ]

 


Tweedledee wrote: just watch out for Alice In Wonderland

 



I just picked up Alice, and the procedure I mentioned to you earlier actually works with it.

The dvd name in "My Computer" is displayed (in my version) as "AliceWonderland_USA_DES"

To make this one work, enable "power User", then in Global Settings > Boosterpack enable the 2 previewfix checkmarks.
After that insert your DVD, and all should work fine.

 

Wordsmith
Tweedledee
Posts: 291
Registered: ‎07-04-2010
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

[ Edited ]

@Serolf_Divad

 

Yes I got Alice to load into the system and on NookColor -

 

It is track #33, however do not load the DVD until you proceed to the following: in DVD Catalyst 4 (this was the support suggestion and it worked) pull down the Global Settings go to Boosterpack, enable the 2 previewfix check marks (there are 2 to check) and then in the DVD main screen at the bottom right enable "power user".

 

Stick the Alice DVD in the tray and it will find all 99 of those tracks, but......#33 is the one to choose, un-click #28 (it always chooses track #28 as it is the longest, but not the right one), and click track #33.  It will load and allow you to convert by pushing the Go button.

 

It will then convert the lovely lady Alice.  About drove me nuts.  :smileyvery-happy: 

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
Bertrand Russell
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

I'll have the little girl dance with the big black cat in the next update so you don't have to remember these settings anymore in case she needs to come out and play again. :smileyhappy:

 

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
Posts: 620
Registered: ‎01-15-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

[ Edited ]

I just updated to 4.0.2.7, and the little girl Alice is now dancing with the black cat on her own.

 

 

to update your existing dvdcat install, just click on the cat-eyes in the program.

Inspired Contributor
Serolf_Divad
Posts: 283
Registered: ‎02-28-2011
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

[ Edited ]

dvdcatalyst wrote:

I just updated to 4.0.2.7, and the little girl Alice is now dancing with the black cat on her own.

 

 

to update your existing dvdcat install, just click on the cat-eyes in the program.


Oooh, can't wait to get home!

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
Posts: 1,581
Registered: ‎12-27-2010
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

Just as an update, since we took the conversation about my problems backchannel, installing DVD43 to help with the de-css stuff cleared everything up.  It all works like a charm, now.

 

So, if you have similar issues, give that a shot.

 

:smileyhappy:

 

 

 

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.