Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

Re: DVD Catalyst 4 ?

aingls wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.  So will my dvd copy work?  or is this for downloaded movies only?  Sorry for all of the questions.

the actual DVD of the movie itself should work, but with a "Digital Copy" usually people refer to video files included on the DVD that you can transfer to your iPod/iPhone/iPad or Zune player. these files do not work.

I just checked through my email history to see if someone ran into complications with Night in the Museum 2, but to my knowledge, it should work fine.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

How do I found out about purchasing the dvd catalyst 4 for my Nookcolor to download movies? Is it fairly easy to do? 

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Grinchy1 wrote:

How do I found out about purchasing the dvd catalyst 4 for my Nookcolor to download movies? Is it fairly easy to do? 

Hi Grinchy1,

Just google for "tools4movies" and you will find the correct spot. There is a NOOK section at the top of the tools4movies website that has a step by step guide on how it all works, The guide itself is quite long, because everything is detailed with screenshots, but the actual process is quite simple. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

Thank you. I will give it a try. I will not mess my NC up in any way will it?

Distinguished Correspondent
mister-j
0 Kudos

@dvdcatalyst

Just wanted to thank you.  I'm not that tech savy, just enough to get me in trouble but I downloaded your program and used it to put 4 movies on my NC for a trip.  Everything worked perfectly.  During the trip I was able to read and watch the movies making the traveling much more enjoyable.  Thanks again for a product that is not only easy to use but performs just as it is supposed to.

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

mister-j wrote:

@dvdcatalyst

Just wanted to thank you.  I'm not that tech savy, just enough to get me in trouble but I downloaded your program and used it to put 4 movies on my NC for a trip.  Everything worked perfectly.  During the trip I was able to read and watch the movies making the traveling much more enjoyable.  Thanks again for a product that is not only easy to use but performs just as it is supposed to.

You are welcome, Mister-,

I am glad the program made your trip more enjoyable.

Grinchy1 wrote:
Thank you. I will give it a try. I will not mess my NC up in any way will it?

You will not mess up your Nook :smileyhappy:

The only thing that could happen is that you run out of space on your Nook.

Movies tend to take up about 600-700MB in size, so if you put 8 movies on there, you might want to think about using an additional memorycard.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

Yeah I kinda figured it might. Thanks again!!!!!

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Dec17 wrote:

I puchased this and have succesfully converted 7 movies to my NC!

However, I'm having a problem with "the lake house".  It starts the conversion, and before the numbers start showing how much has been converted on the status bar, my PC ejects the drive/dvd. This has happened about 5 times, every time being the same.

I only have one drive.  I have Windows 7, Intel Core Quad 2 processor.

Can this movie be converted and what can I do?

Thanks!

Yesterday I finally found "The Lake House". It was in the "bargain bin" for some reason, and my wife happened to see it sitting at the top. Sorry it took so long to get back to you about this one.

The version I have is the wide-screen version, and in "My Computer" it is simply called "LAKE_HOUSE".

Using the default settings of DVD Catalyst 4, the conversion started fine for me on this one.

DVD Catalyst 4 - Lake House

If the movie still doesn't work for you, please send me an email, and maybe we can figure out what is causing the problem on your computer with it.

edit: image somehow got a bit distorted, sorry about that.

gaming_grandma
0 Kudos

I am a 73 year old grandma and it took me no time at all to copy my movies to the Nook Color. DVD Catalyst 4 is one of the easiest and best documented programs I have used. I've copied 8 movies so far without a hitch and they all look good on the NC.
gaming_grandma
0 Kudos

I am a 73 year old grandma and it took me no time at all to copy my movies to the Nook Color. DVD Catalyst 4 is one of the easiest and best documented programs I have used. I've copied 8 movies so far without a hitch and they all look good on the NC.

Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

gaming_grandma wrote:

:smileyhappy:

Thank you Gaming_Grandma (I like your name)

Frequent Contributor
Darkhunter139
0 Kudos

gaming_grandma wrote:

Very impresive :smileyhappy:

Wordsmith
Tweedledee
0 Kudos

Great program, now I have to root my NookColor, after watching a portion of a movie on the NookColor, WOW!!!

The program is functional, converts and pops that movie right over to the video file on NookColor either on board memory or the SD card.

But warning to all do not try to copy Alice In Wonderland, now renamed Alice In Nightmareland.  Disney did a number to the DVD when they "protected" it from scoundrels like myself, who would stoop to convert an item they own for their own entertainment, for the life of me I can not get that twit Alice onto my NookColor.

The support at DVD Catalyst 4 is awesome as well, apparently Alice is a known trouble maker.  :smileyhappy:

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
Bertrand Russell
Inspired Contributor
Serolf_Divad

Tweedledee wrote:

Great program, now I have to root my NookColor, after watching a portion of a movie on the NookColor, WOW!!!

The support at DVD Catalyst 4 is awesome as well, apparently Alice is a known trouble maker.  :smileyhappy:

You don't have to root your Nook to watch movies on it. I've been watching movies ripped with DVD Catalyst 4 for the last few days on my stock NC.

As for Alice, that's good to know. I've ripped a couple of my kids' movies (just in case I need to distract them for a while) and Alice (the new, live-action) was one of the half-dozen I considered before settling on Bambi and The Little Mermaid.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

What's the best setting for increasing thd Volume?
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Correspondent
adm912

I finally caved this morning and got DVD Catalyst.

I love it! It's so easy to use.  I'm very impressed.

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

adm912 wrote:

Yeah, me too.

The guy must be making money hand over fist.

:smileyvery-happy:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:
What's the best setting for increasing thd Volume?

DVD Catalyst 4 automatically boosts the volume. Have a look in the Nook section on my website for an article about how it works.It contains information on what it does and how it works in full detail.

riffrafff wrote:

adm912 wrote:

Yeah, me too.

The guy must be making money hand over fist.

:smileyvery-happy:

Thank you :smileyhappy:

While I am making my bills, I am not a millionaire yet though :smileysad:

Wordsmith
Tweedledee
0 Kudos

@Serolf_Divad

Yep I know that I do not have to root to watch the video content, but after seeing what this puppy can do with video, just gotta root it, I really need to kill some fruit and little piggies on the larger screen....

Woohoo those birds are going to fly at those little piggies  :smileyhappy:

"It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this."
Bertrand Russell
Scribe
dvdcatalyst
0 Kudos

Poor little piggies :smileyhappy: