Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
bolene
0 Kudos

Deleting Books From Nook

I have been trying to figure out how to remove books but so far no luck.  On the first edition Nook books could be easily removed.  Any pointers will be appreciated.

Inspired Wordsmith
KidneyKid

Re: Deleting Books From Nook

To delete a book permenantly you need to log into your account at b&n.com and then log into your account. Then go to "my nook library". From there it should populate a list of all the books in your library. You can then choose to either delete or archive a book. After you have deleted the books you dont want you may need to sync your nook library for the changes to take place. Simply open up your library on your nook and then hit the button that looks like two arrows chasing each other. Hope this helps. If you need more help just post again. Happy Nooking!
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

It depends on how you added the books. What I mean is if you sideloaded them, you need to connect to a computer to remove them. If you downloaded them using your NC's browser from a site like Gutenberg, again you connect to a computer to remove them. If you downloaded directly from BN, you must decide if you want them gone forever or if you just want them temporarily off your NC. If you choose temporary, archive them on tne NC by touchholding on a book (not on the home page) and selecting archive or go to your account on the website. If you want them gone permanently (you would have to repurchase if you want them back) go to your account on the website and choose delete.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
New User
scooterLZ
0 Kudos

I deleted books from my library on my PC but they are still showing on my Archived shelf, even though they were permanently deleted.  Does it just take a little while to take effect?

Correspondent
BrassMonkey
0 Kudos

scooterLZ wrote:

I deleted books from my library on my PC but they are still showing on my Archived shelf, even though they were permanently deleted.  Does it just take a little while to take effect?

If they are books bought directly from Barnes & Noble and you deleted them off your account via the website you have two choices. You can either wait until it does delete itself after a self refresh or manually force it to refresh and sync to the the website (your real library) by going into your "Library" on your nook color and hitting the "refresh" button located on the bottom left next to the search bar. Just tap on the arrows chasing one another and viola, the books you deleted should go away. I have seen a glitch where the arrows continously chase each other and never stop but it can easily be fixed by simply turning off your entire device and booting it back up.