Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Chad72

Deleting Books off the Nook

I recently bought Terry Goodkind's Stone of Tears and the formatting of the Nook book is horrible.  There are no breaks between chapters or between the legal junk at the front of the book and the first chapter, each paragraph is indented about a third of the way across the "page" and it just looks horrible.  Didn't have the same problem with Goodkind's, Wizard's First Rule.  I thought I'd try to delete it off my Nook Color and redownload it.  Problem is I can't seem to figure out how to delete it off the Nook Color.  Hooked it up to my PC and found a directory with a bunch of EPUB files, but I can't seem to figure out witch file it is because all the file names are just numerical.  Any help would be great. 

Inspired Wordsmith
KidneyKid
0 Kudos

Re: Deleting Books off the Nook

If you delete the book off of your Nook you will have to purchase it again. Try going to your library and archiving and the unarchiving it. If this does not fix it and it is a book you purchased from B&N contact customer support and either ask for it to be fixed or get a refund.
New User
Chad72
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, i tried to archive it and redownload it last night and its still horrid.  I started looking at the reviews and it appears that it's a general problem with this title and not my nook.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

The numbers you see for titles are the isbn numbers. You do not delete books from the BN area of the NC as you would sideloaded books. You do so from your account on the website, but as was pointed out, doing this would delete them until you repurchased. Another thing to try is to download the nook app for pc (or other device) or download the book directly from the website to your computer. In the pc app, you can then see if the book is formatted correctly. Sometimes, there have been differences in pc book and nook downloaded book. If it looks good, you could sideload it to your NC. The book cover might not show up, however, but you could read it. I would also suggest you contact BN to tell them about it, so they can get the publisher to fix it, or see if they will refund your money until the publisher does so, then buy it again later. Either way, I would check back to see if it has been fixed-redownload, by unarchiving, or use the pc app.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.