Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
mikehill33
0 Kudos

Does anyone else think the wishlist is USELESS???

I have been adding books to my wishlist on my Nook Color, but when i go to BN.com and look at my wishlist, nothing is there?

Why on EARTH wouldn't both these be in sync?

I login to my device and connect to the web to edit the list, why not a sync to the site?

Just saying....

Correspondent
htbyron
0 Kudos

Re: Does anyone else think the wishlist is USELESS???

[ Edited ]

Yes, I agree the NC wishlist should sync with the bn.com nookbook wishlist.  I am hopeful that this will be fixed in the promised firmware update sometime this quarter.

From what I have read on these boards, I believe the idea was that some books with enhanced content are only available for the NC, not the e-ink classic nook, so they wanted to keep the lists separate.  That never made much sense to me as a premise, and in any event, the implementation was incomplete, as there is no filter for either list (I can easily select enhanced content material, including emagazines for NC only, on the website list).  And there would still be no excuse for not implementing a second ebook wishlist on the website. 

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

mikehill33 wrote:

I have been adding books to my wishlist on my Nook Color, but when i go to BN.com and look at my wishlist, nothing is there?

Why on EARTH wouldn't both these be in sync?

I login to my device and connect to the web to edit the list, why not a sync to the site?

Just saying....

This has been raised several times with no explanation from B&N. 

It's not totally worthless if you shop from our NC, but it remains one of the great mysteries.

Others include lousy support for Mac users and none for Linux.   

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

htbyron wrote:

Yes, I agree the NC wishlist should sync with the bn.com nookbook wishlist.  I am hopeful that this will be fixed in the promised firmware update sometime this quarter.

From what I have read on these boards, I believe the idea was that some books with enhanced content are only available for the NC, not the e-ink classic nook, so they wanted to keep the lists separate.  That never made much sense to me as a premise, and in any event, the implementation was incomplete, as there is no filter for either list (I can easily select enhanced content material, including emagazines for NC only, on the website list).  And there would still be no excuse for not implementing a second ebook wishlist on the website. 

They really need to sort this out.  The wishlists are isolated, but if I buy a magazine for my Nookcolor, I get a notification on my Nook classic that cannot be removed unless I delete the magazine permanently. 
I agree, they already have online wishlists for Nookbooks and DTB's.  Just add another online list for NC.

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

It would also be nice if it would allow others to buy you books from your wish list, like they can with DTBs.  Currently there's no way to buy someone else a specific eBook, much less take a look at their e-wishlist.  So basically the current NC "Wish List" is just a "To Buy Myself Eventually" list.

Distinguished Correspondent
rerose1975
0 Kudos

The worst part about it not syncing up is if you need to erase/deregister your NC then you lose your wishlist!  I now get a free sample of everything I would have normally put on my wishlist.  I created a shelf for the samples and this is my new list.  Annoying, but better than losing it all!

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

rerose1975 wrote:

The worst part about it not syncing up is if you need to erase/deregister your NC then you lose your wishlist!  I now get a free sample of everything I would have normally put on my wishlist.  I created a shelf for the samples and this is my new list.  Annoying, but better than losing it all!

Agreed.  That's why I don't even use it.  The wishlist on my original NOOK syncs with my online wishlist, so I don't see any reason why it isn't the same for my NC.  Because of this issue, I don't shop from the NC store; I only use the web site and only shop from home. 

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88

Nallia: I agree with you. I enjoy your posts, your always on point and give great info.
Distinguished Correspondent
mister-j
0 Kudos

I don't use the NC wishlist either.  My workaround is that I have my B&N wishlist bookmarked on my Nook Color.  That way, when I have my NC hooked up to WiFi, I can easily  go to my B&N wishlist and purchase books off it and not mess with the other.

Correspondent
htbyron
0 Kudos

cbtengr wrote:

They really need to sort this out.  The wishlists are isolated, but if I buy a magazine for my Nookcolor, I get a notification on my Nook classic that cannot be removed unless I delete the magazine permanently.  

This problem occurs the other direction, too.  I subscribe to the New Yorker, which is only available on the classic nook (don't get me started!).  But the notifications show up on my NC as well, and I can't get rid of the non-functional magazine icon/cover in my library.  At least I can tell the NC to remove from home, so it doesn't show up on the home page, but it sure is frustrating (and will get worse every week I continue the subscription).

Frequent Contributor
cbtengr
0 Kudos

There doesn't seem to be anyone coordinating what appear to semi-autonomous fiefdoms.

I can only imagine what will happen when the eagerly awaited Nookcolor update comes out and adds an App store to the mix.