Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully
0 Kudos

Does music dilute poetry?

With soundtracks becoming a launching site for band success, plantinum records, and causing a general in human behavior by the creation of mixed tapes to playlist. Having music companys the launching ground of other endeavors like apple ipods to apple planet... and the point, music is everything to almost everyone and most lyrical music rhymes... i hope the topic is clear here. Do you auto pilot poetry to the beat of rhymes? Do you think music is a big reason if you do. I know whne i read one of the many of my poems were the attitude, personality, or soul if you will, and without a rhyme most people listening are confused and think it somehow a short story or what have you. I will say i think music does. Maybe a lack of education by which i mean in my schools i was in advanced writing, that really was the name and thats as far as my school taught in creative writing. I took the class twice, filling the an english and art credits. It was that class they focused more styles and not rhyme. Well what do you think?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe
Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully
0 Kudos

Re: Does music dilute poetry?

I am bumping this for a few reasons. One because it seems like no one believes I honeslty just like discussing subjects, kinda like a discussion panel. And two because i was really into this topic causw i love poetry. Www.poetrypoem.com/unheardwhispers maybe i over introduced the subject so ill simplify, when you think poem do u think rhymes, and if so does music effect that you think, and if you dont always think of rhymes, then do you think music is a reason why others do?
Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana

I don't know. I'm still trying to find out how this relates to the Nook Color.
Correspondent
Laurie_Gator

I think it is a new B&N app in the app store... :-)

Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully
0 Kudos

Well theres that its barnes and nobles, a book store, and that this is an ereader, and the main reason its here is that this is general discussion. I can see if i was discussing rocket science, but it is poetry, something you read so i just made the connection. I might want to go more general then nook color. I guess i took nook color general discussion as like i would ps3 general discussion on game sights, fellow users discussing whatever and i aways thought thats why the label general was anything. I know support is in here a lot even tho it has nook color support. But one person said its because it gets more replies, and since there where other non topics, maybe off topic but they had may replies i just assume that meant it was accepted.
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

Okay, I'll bite.

I don't think music dilutes poetry.  I think the inverse might be true, that poetry enhances music.  I think it does for me, anyway.

Granted, I'm not a big poetry buff, and some here might remember some lyrics I've posted that, at the time, may have had some bearing on a particular discussion.  Yet even when posting those lyrics, I was acutely aware that reading lyrics never seems as meaningful as being immersed in the song. It's one of those "I guess you had to be there" kind of things, most of the time.  

In cases like that, the two (music and poetry) feed off of each other, I think. 

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully
0 Kudos

I think your right, i find even when not rhyming but still creating a poem i tend to have a song playing. Never thought about it in that aspect but its true, i feed my emotions to get the one im looking for so i find it easier to describe it. Incase at least one person wonders heres a link to a small.selection of my work. www.poetrypoem.com/unheardwhispers
Contributor
clooney
0 Kudos

Your poetry is exactly like your posts. I'm impressed!
Love to read.
Correspondent
wstewart
0 Kudos

Hi ZB,

I think music enhances poetry, for me anyway.  I don't read a lot of it, but when I do, Iike having music in the background to set the emotional mood.

Went to your site and am impressed, very good writing.

Bill

Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully
0 Kudos

Thank you, im glad to share to anyone and obviously like when it doesnt choke. Where i live im used to a lot of people expecting it just rhymes so i can bomb often at a coffee house, i live in utah, and yes there are coffee houses. I think just beats in the background can have an effect. Once listening to B.B. King playing a wordless track I kinda started to drift in sync with the rhythm, so really became writing lyrics. I bet that would happen with a pair of bongos as well, im easily distracted.
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT

Thanks for posting the link to your poetry. Beautiful to read, I will go back and read more.

As for the music, I do think it can help set the cadence for the poem and form a stronger memory link in your brain for better or worse. 

The right or wrong choice of music could make all the difference on how it is perceived.

I can see a kind of musical color wheel to construct different effects. When you get the right combo your result is what I call happy brain. Just for a quick second you know all is right, that is where I stop and never try to second guess myself past that point.

I design visually so I call it happy eyes, when I find that balance.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Inspired Correspondent
ZOMBully
0 Kudos

Yea, like the perfect drunk, if u know what i mean. And yea i tend to flow easier,.i end up writing at the speed ot reading. Its a.good feeling, almost tiring.