Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
book-hoarderfl
0 Kudos

Downloading library books directly to the nook color

Can you download library books directly to the Nook color?  For instance.... Could you go to the library's web page and down load the book to the Nook?  I have a friend that is asking and I am not sure what the answer is. Thanks in advance.

Who needs drugs when you can read a book.
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Downloading library books directly to the nook color

book-hoarderfl wrote:

Can you download library books directly to the Nook color?  For instance.... Could you go to the library's web page and down load the book to the Nook?  I have a friend that is asking and I am not sure what the answer is. Thanks in advance.

You cannot download directly to the Nook at this time.  You have to download and install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on your computer and then use it to sideload the books from the computer to the Nook.

Correspondent
n2ative
0 Kudos

If you have a "rooted" NOOK Color and you install the Overdrive Media Console app. you would be able to download library books directly to the NOOK.

Correspondent
ps56k
0 Kudos

Ihave my nook with the nook2android sd card and indeed have the omc app. One thing to note is that omc only supports epub formats... as some books come in epub or pdf. I also have the kindle app and the nook app.
Contributor
Swayde
0 Kudos

Really hoping they make the Overdrive app available to people who are using standard NC without any mods. That would be such a nice convenience to download library books without having to side load from PC. It's not a super big deal, but seeing how close to possible it is, it makes it a little annoying.

Frequent Contributor
book-hoarderfl
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone.  I did not think you could, but wanted expert advice.  You all are great.

Who needs drugs when you can read a book.
Wordsmith
Droiddict
0 Kudos

If you have the Kindle ap, it is able to read libary books too. Get the book in Kindle format and when you click to get the book, it will go to Amazon and add it to your Kindle books.  Opens, reads and saves your position just like any Kindle book.

Contributor
Swayde
0 Kudos

Can you get the Kindle app on a standard Nook Color?

Frequent Contributor
roxmysoxGA
0 Kudos

Swayde wrote:

Can you get the Kindle app on a standard Nook Color?

No...to get the Kindle app you either have to root with Manual Nooter or use a CM7 sd card.

Contributor
Swayde
0 Kudos

Ahh okay, well hopefully they will put out a solution for us standard NC users =)