Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Painterroy
0 Kudos

EPub Book Covers Not Showing

Does anyone know why my Epub book covers are not showing up on my Nook? They just appear as generic solid covers with "Book" across them. I have checked them in Calibre and they show covers there & even tried changing to different covers, but they still don't show up on the Nook. Does anyone else have this problem & is there any way for them to show up? The regular Barnes & Noble book do show their covers, but not the EPub books.

Roy Evan Burstiner
Wordsmith
Droiddict
0 Kudos

Re: EPub Book Covers Not Showing

Try doing a conversion in Calibre from EPub to EPub.  This works for me.  I don't know what it does but somehow the conversion changes the way it handles the covers.

Frequent Contributor
Painterroy
0 Kudos

I tried that but even though the cover shows on Calibre, it still doesn't show on the page where all the epub books are listed. When I open the books on the nook i do see the cover for a brief moment in a screen filled size, so I know it's there in the metafile. But they just don't show up on the main epub page.

Roy Evan Burstiner
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Painterroy wrote:

I tried that but even though the cover shows on Calibre, it still doesn't show on the page where all the epub books are listed. When I open the books on the nook i do see the cover for a brief moment in a screen filled size, so I know it's there in the metafile. But they just don't show up on the main epub page.

Did you delete the old copy on the nook and reload it? Also delete old copy from calibre in the metadate section of that book. 

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

New User
SilverKnight
0 Kudos

I've had this problem several times.

As indicated, you can re-convert from epub to epub - BUT you might need to check "remove first image" in the "Structure Detection" page.  In addition, as another poster suggested, delete/remove the book from the nook before the (re)conversion, then put it back on.  Also, a reboot might be needed for the Nook to load/cache the new book cover.

When you have a LOT of books 500+, the cache/loading of covers can take a long time.

Hope it helps!

Contributor
MooseDB
0 Kudos

Try looking here:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/NOOKcolor-Things-you-Should-Kno...

Hope this helps!  All the covers for my side-loaded books are showing on the NT using the method described in this thread.