Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
1reader

Email after 1.4 nook Color update

I recently updated to 1.4 on my nook Color and now my email seems to be a mess.  Deleted emails come right back into my inbox.  I delete an email 3 or 4 times - all visible in the trash - but there it is again in my inbox.  This did not happen before the software upgrade so I know it isn't the fault of my email account (comcast).

Also, still no way to empty that trash?!

Contributor
aColoradoMom
0 Kudos

Re: Email after 1.4 nook Color update

I am having the exact same problem with my email after updating to the new software!  As a result of these deleted emails coming back to the inbox, the "envelope" icon on the bottom left is always showing, indicating that perhaps I have new email.  But, no.....it's just the old emails coming back into the inbox.  I tried powering off, waiting, and then starting up again.  No luck.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get email working like it was before the Update?  

Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

There is a thread under Nook Color Support that you might want to look at. Others are having the same problem.   Alex has offered a possible solution but it did not work for me.

Reader
msteddygirl
0 Kudos

I have been having the exact same issues since the update--I have tried contacting B&N support several times and have been told it is an issue they are aware of and are hoping to have fixed in the next 30 days--not much help at all!  Also I have asked about emptying the trash bin and cannot seem to get an answer to that either--they keep telling me to contact my email provider.  My email works fine and deletes items but the Nook Color will not--I have almost 4000 emails in the "trash" and would really like to get rid of them--hopefully this is not taking up space on the device.

Reader
LPullin
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with all three accounts Gmail, live.com and yahoo will not take a delete. Seems we are in same boat as it has been since 1.4 update that this is happening. I would think the mail app would be one of the simpler apps to deal with but seems not.I keep a pretty clean email account and keep few things beyound 24 hours and do clean recycle bin every 2-3 days.Open to any ideas to solve this problem that don't involve getting an ipad.